1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Liked anything that you read here? You may nominate it as the Finest Posts!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Painful Eyebrow Threading

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by navs23, Jul 1, 2010.

1. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

I went for eye brow threading few days back and it hurt so much during the entire process and I had a throbbing headache for 2 days after that. Also, couple of places near the brows, I was cut and bleeding(though small). This the second time I am doing threading(after wedding), so was not sure if this is normal for threading. Does threading hurt this bad or should I change the beautician(she charged me pretty high through :rant). Appreciate your inputs.

2. pallavik

pallavik New IL'ite

Hi Navs,

Eyebrow threading is painful but the pain and irritation usually goes off in some time.

If the beautician is well trained you should not get cut marks while threading. If your skin is getting cut while threading it means the beautician is not well trained, I suggest you change your beautician.

For the pain and irritation, may be after threading you can ask her to apply some cream and give a massage over the forehead area.

Suggesting you all this from my experience :)

-Pallavi

3. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Pallavi.

I will change the beautician next time, but thank god, the brows looks ok and she did not mess it up :hide:

What is funny is that she is quite experienced, been in the business for almost 20 years now(been there for hair cuts several times), maybe I wasnt lucky this time :bonk