Pain Less Deliveries

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by varshini, Apr 29, 2006.

1. gopalan1937

gopalan1937 Silver IL'ite

Re: Epidural

Hello Mrs. Nidhi,

I am an obstetrician and Anaesthesiologist. By now you would have delivered. Would like you to share your experiences when you find free time.
    Gopalan

2. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Oh Baby!!! Painless Delivery..

Dear Expected Mom's,
    How are you all doing!! Hope everybody is doing hale and healthy with their LOs inside and gearing up towards Labor.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2017
  3. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Re: Oh Baby!!! Painless Delivery..

Nice information.Thanks for posting it here.

4. lvarada

lvarada Bronze IL'ite

Re: Oh Baby!!! Painless Delivery..

Priya_Mommy, thanks for the info...Not sure if my hospital has water birth facility. Need to check out.

5. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

i heard about painless delivery from one of the anaesthetist, before when i met with an accident he saw my pain and informed if at all i get pregnant i can go for this pain less option i was surprised at what he said now that i am pregnant would like to ask my doc but its too early so will do by the end of 7 or 8 months
    thanks for sharing your expeierence though

6. akumar

akumar Senior IL'ite

HI Garg,

This is Anjali. I am 35 weeks pregnant and yesterday had my child birth classes. Instructor told me that like every medication EPIDURAL has its side effects too. Even its all safe and now its a trend everywhere to go for normal delivery with epidural. But still many ladies complaints about back pain that lasts for many years. Please confirm about its side effects also. Cause i am too confuse to go for normal delivery with or without epidural. my hubby has asked me to keep courage cause when u listen tht everybody has taken epidural then you make up ur mind too.
    please share your views both ways.

7. shwethag

shwethag Bronze IL'ite

Garg, I am 34 weeks pregnant.
    Even I am in confusion to take epidural or not. I have heard a lot about its side effects like back pain, headache etc.
    My question is it really worth taking epidural. It is like asking when do you want the pain during delivery or after delivery.

8. rosenav

rosenav Silver IL'ite

Thanks fr sharing the Info.........

I have zero tolerence for pain, so i'm so glad that we have epidural :):)

I'm more confident now.

9. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Ladies,

Including my delivery everything happend like a magic for me.. Before I start to discuss abt epidural and things with my doctor all of sudden my water broke and I was admitted in labour room..

I had severe lower abs pain every 30min and slowly it reduced down to 10min and every 5min once I started having pain.. I was holding my DH tightly and tried to avoid any injections.. But I was like running out of labour room itself so nurse ordered epidural for me..

but during preg days itelf dh asked me to avoid epidurals et cetc and asked me to stay calm for pains and make up my mind.. but i was clue less whats happening for me like.. after taking epidural - magic started.. below parts were like numb and i dont know whats happening for me.. no pain.. baby was out and no pain for stiching too.. no epidural no peace for me ladies.

Also, my Dh believe in NO PAIN NO GAIN policy but guys will never know ladies pain :biglaugh

10. Garg

Garg New IL'ite

Hello Mrs. Shewetha G

Headache is caused by spinal anesthesia not by epidural, can u enumerate the side effects.
    It relieves the labor pain during child birth, confidently opt epidural and u will have comfortable delivery.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009