Paid Private Messages

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Induslady, Sep 25, 2009.

1. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

Dear lakshmi,
    how can i pay for Paid Pm.when it is activate..
    pls explain in details.

2. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

3. RadiantCat

RadiantCat Gold IL'ite

Private Messaging

Indus Ladies PM is not all that beneficial even if you subscribe to that. It must have both the sender and the receiver as a PM member. If I want to message someone of my choice the forum doesn't allow. This isn't a good idea. Perhaps, there are better ways to generate revenue. Maybe linkup with matrimonial sites.

4. Induslady

CanWait,

Thanks for your feedback. Agreed, that PM system becomes completely beneficial only when majority of the ILites have the access.

In fact, we are getting more members signing-up these days. With gift subscriptions we offer with every paid subscription, subscription given out as contest gifts and with moderators/local champions having the access, we are getting more people into the system. Right now we have close to 135 PM users.

We do not want to force anyone into the system. Those who like get the subscription and we giveaway a gift subscription for one or more of their friends (they choose) based on the subscription level.

Agreed, it isn't generating much/any revenue at all as of now. We are only hoping it will improve with more subscriptions getting added. Also, we are planning to make some bundled packages available in the system that will include PM access as part of it.

Also, we see your suggestion about linking with Matrimonial sites. Not really sure how it is going to help?! Because our site members (though majority ladies) are married women, w or w/o kids. Very few are singles or parents with marriage aged daughters/sons. So not sure how this partnering would help. If you would like to elaborate on it, kindly send a private message to Induslady (or) email induslady@indusladies.com.

5. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Moderators,
    I remember malathy was looking into allowing "Read access" only for all members. That way a PM subscriber can at the very least send PM to anyone. Otherwise it is too restrictive.

I believe there was a technical/technology reason why this feature was not provided and they were looking into it. Any update on that front?

6. RadiantCat

RadiantCat Gold IL'ite

I got a message asking me to recommend someone for the gift. I did recommend one user. I am not sure whether the activation has happened. Can the site admin confirm?

7. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Canwait,

We have enabled PM access for your friend as requested by you.

8. nikunji

nikunji New IL'ite

Whats wrong in that if they did private messeging paid..Guys what benefits we get from indusladies is countless...There were days when i was new in US and depressed ..it was only the indusladies site with ppl helping me wth my questions...Indusladies never said PL DONT DISCUSS THIS HERE..when we all have lots of questions regarding health or family problems ...where do u go guys...justtt come here to indusladies...right??Then when for the first time they have asked for something then why nott!!!!!!That too soo minimal...THIS IS CALLED SELFISH NATURE.....
    I was shocked when i read ppl saying thats not corrct!!!i am sure the admin must have thought now i can see true colours of ppl here

9. LuckiestLadkhi

LuckiestLadkhi Senior IL'ite

HI,

I agree with paying for the PM but I just want to know is there any other payment mode can be done such as western union.. as I'm not comfortable paypal as i dont use credit card. as I'm not sure about issuing a cheque. Hopefully you could help me.

tq

Luv,
    Suzanne

10. Induslady

Hi Suzanne,

Sorry, we have ONLY two options - Paypal (for those living in US and ROW).

Cheque option (for those living in India).