1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Padmaavat: Film Review

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Tamrakshar, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Tamrakshar

Tamrakshar Platinum IL'ite

Thanks! :blush:

Archanaanchan likes this.
  2. Sunburst

Sunburst Platinum IL'ite

Same . Idea is to switch off our tubelight to put up with such movies

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  3. Tamrakshar

:thinking:

4. Tamrakshar

Correction: Malik Kafur was played by Jim Sarbh.

5. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

I was very interested to watch Padmavaat before movie releases because story relates to historical ( yes, I like history related and true stories). After reading your review I couldn't control to watch and watched the movie online due to some reasons.

Well, we know Rajpuths( both men and women) look good so taking Shahid as King of Chitthorghar was a wrong selection ( hope no Shahid 's fans here) . Deepika looks lovely and Ranveer Singh looks cruel and scary but he acted so well as Aladdin KhiJi.

I don't understand why there was so much controversy on this movie. Bansali showed Rajpuths as the symbol of bravery and honor.

I had goosebumps while watching Deepika and other Women's jauhar ( self immolation). I feel it was their personal choice coz they didn't want to surrender themselves to someone whom they don't like. I had read that jauhar ( true story ) when I was a kid and wish to visit Rajasthan to see famous forts and architecture. Still it is in my wish list :)

As it showed in the movie I read it in a article that there was a emotional / physical bond between Aladdin and Malik Kafur. During last years of Khilji' life, he dependend on Malik Kafur completely.

I enjoyed the movie and your review too.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    Tamrakshar likes this.
  6. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

You have company here ! :blush:

Sandycandy likes this.
  7. Tamrakshar

Glad that you watched the movie! However, you will never get the same enthrallment in small screen that you get in a cinema hall; they are as different as chalk and cheese!:shakehead:

Rajputs were indeed very strong people, both physically and mentally. I was amazed to watch Rana Pratap's sword in a museum in my Rajasthan tour. It looked not less than 20 kg! Choosing Shahid, a man of short stature, as Ratan Singh was not at all a good decision, or was it deliberate on the part of Bhansali, as he might have predestined to make it a one-man show?:thinking:

True, the controversy was unwarranted! Sometimes, a producer artificially manufactures controversy, as controversy sells well. I don't know what's the case here!:sconf:

Self-immolation was the only option to save honour for those ladies at that time. The invaders were so cruel that they didn't even spare the dead bodies of ladies ( those who committed suicide drinking venom).:fearscream::flushed:

Bisexuality was nothing unusual for the Muslim rulers. :p

Mistt likes this.