1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Paddy's question to Maddy !!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Padmini, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

<o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="country-region"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="place"></o:smarttagtype><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--> [FONT=&quot]HI,[FONT=&quot]HI,[/FONT][FONT=&quot]HI, to all( please read this in Vivek's style)
    This time not with any theory or cooking I am not going to bore you. NO, NO do not heave a sigh of relief, it is about a starry incident. Thanks to cutepavi who with her question that kindled my thoughts to write this! Pavi, you have wakened up a sleeping lion or lioness <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shapetype id="_x0000_t75" coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" o:preferrelative="t" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"/> <v:formulas> <v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"/> </v:formulas> <v:path o:extrusionok="f" gradientshapeok="t" o:connecttype="rect"/> <o:lock v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t"/> </v:shapetype><v:shape id="_x0000_i1025" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:11.25pt; height:11.25pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\comp\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\03\clip_image001.gif" o:href="http://www.indusladies.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]-->:)<!--[endif]-->! Wait! I am coming to the point.
    When I was busy reading a novel, the phone began to ring making a loud noise. I did want to keep my novel down, since I was nearing the end where the suspense was going to be solved. I just saw my DH, watching TV and engrossed in the serial. So, with murmuring, I took the phone. When I heard the news, I literally jumped:banana (thanks for the strong foundation of our building). A very good and surprise news it was. Now I can understand that you cannot bear the suspense, wait I will let it out.
    Before that we have to go for a little flash back. I am in the habit of sending SMS to all the contests, like that I sent a SMS to a contest. At that time my mobile phone bill reached to the sky. Now coming to the matter, in one of the contests my slogan was selected and the price for this is “Having dinner with Madhavan". All over [/FONT]<st1:country-region><st1:place>[FONT=&quot]India[/FONT]</st1:place></st1:country-region>[FONT=&quot] they had selected only fifty couples. We are one among them.:rotfl
    In my excitement, I planned what are the things I need to do. Oh my god first thing, I have to dye my hair. Luckily I am having only 3" length hair, so no problem. Facial and all other things rushed to my mind, but how to convince my DH. When I told him the news, to my astonishment he handed over the money I demanded. I was confused :spin, with so many thoughts I looked at him with a question mark. The cat then came out of the bag. He was also getting ready to have all these things. I became green with envy (thanks to Padma). My DH is a man on whom age does not leave any marks except the grey hair. If he applies dye to it he would make me look older (I can imagine others looking at him with admiration) and I just cannot bear this because I want to be a jade (again thanks to Padma). Then half heartedly I agreed.
    I sent this happy news to my DD, SIL, DS and DIL. All of them were so excited and wished us good luck.
    Then I started doing my homework like a research scholar :coffee, I searched all the details about Madhavan brushing aside my DH remarks "chinnakkozhandaiyattam enna ekkalam vendi irukku". It is my nature in getting me deeply involved to know about everything, let it be a movie or temple.
    Then the ‘D’ day came, me draped in a new sari (bought after my so many pleading) were going through the aisle, I imagined my self as Rita Faria, and entered the hall. Suddenly they distributed numbers to us telling only ten people are allowed to question Maddy. They will select them by picking lots. I know I am not lucky enough like that but what about my hard home work? How I can allow my dreams to shatter? With these thoughts I was sitting restlessly. At that time the man of that day dear Maddy entered. I was sitting very near to the stage.:hiya
    The question session began. So many questions were asked and unfortunately I was not picked through lots. RantFor all those he answered in an intelligent manner. Finishing all the questions, he asked "Are you all happy?” I did not want to miss the chance so I shouted a “BIG NO”
    With his bewitching smile, he turned to me and asked" Why aunty"? At first I was taken aback by he calling me “aunty" :shock:(the word began to echo aunty, aunty). Who cares at that time even if he called me “Patti"? I would not have cared.
    Immediately, he said “As a special case I am allowing aunty to question me". I began to fly in the air :whistle. In my excitement, no words came out of my mouth. Then all the flash lights began to focus on me. I felt as if I am enacting a cinema scene with Maddy. I shot this question to him. "If GOD appears before you and gives you a boon that you can change to any celebrity you want, to whom you would like to change to?” pat came the reply "Aishwarya Rai." Then again I added, "Why you want to marry Abhishek and become a part of Bachan's family”. For this he laughed so loudly and I felt so proud that I made him laugh.
    After that a dance competition was held. I dragged my DH not paying heed to his protests. We danced with Maddy. To my astonishment “WE WON IN THIS CONTEST TOO" and got the price from Maddy.[/FONT]
    [/FONT] [FONT=&quot] Dinner followed after that. Many varieties of dishes and the host was Maddy himself. We chatted about his filmy life, cracked jokes. My stomach was full with all these happenings so I did not feel like eating.
    The greatest mistake I did was that I forgot to take the camera. I asked the man who was taking photos, he refused to send me the photos for security reason.( that fellow might have sent it to some Hindi film producers who would be all scratching their heads to know who this beauty is. Of course, it’s me Ha! Ha! Ha!)

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] Dear ILites this is true and nothing but true. Do not think being April 1 I am fooling you all. To support this I have put the article that came out the next day in “The Hindu”, in which the very question I asked was not just printed but the very first line of the article. Wow! I felt very elated and I want to share with you all the happy moments thinking you will all enjoy too.
    [/FONT] [FONT=&quot] With love
    pad.

PS: Depending on the feed back I will tell you about the “Lunch with Actor Vikram”, till then this is Padmini, getting down from the stage. Bye!! Bye!!!

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][​IMG]
    [/FONT]​
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

1 person likes this.

2. Cutepavi

Cutepavi Silver IL'ite

Hello Padmini Aunty :hiya,

So Mr Clean indeed Wooed you beautiful lady!!!:)

I take All the Credit of replying first to this post!!! It was such a wonderful experience you had.. And your Question was a blast!!!

So let me ask some Questions again.. Did you do your hair and dress up to meet Maddy??? I am sure you must have looked stunning!!! You should have taken a camera with no flash and shot some pictures!!!

You made your point very clear by Saying "NO"... Hats off to your Confidence... And you won the Dance prize.. ( I know krithika mentioned on her post.. you are a great dancer!!) ... :rotfl

You became a Kutti Celebrity on that day.. No wonder you had so much excitement... I am soooo Jealous of you Padmini aunty!!!!:hide:

I cannot imagine the day you would have had... It would have simply Clouds!!!

Okie.. now you had dinner with Vikram too??? "Ithu Romba too mucha ille??? "!!!! Just kidding!!!:spin

Waiting for your next story!!! And of course your question to Madhavan was Classic and So like Professional...!!!:thumbsup

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Padmini ma'am,
    Super narration...enjoyed your humourous explanation of your meeting with Maddy and the preparations before and after that..
    Hats off to your confindence in saying NO..Big Laugh
    Your question is the Ultimate question...clearly shows how well your are well-versed with the current happenings..
    Congrats Aunty (Paatti) :hide: on winning the contest...
    Next is Vikram...mm waiting to hear that too..
    Thoroughly enjoyed it..

sriniketan

4. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Dear Padmini madam,
    You lucky girl..I remember reading this news when i was in India.Its nice to know that you had a good time.Why not..Post your lunch with Vikram experiece.

5. gayu_r

gayu_r Senior IL'ite

Wow Padmini Madam. Superb. I admire the presence of mind on the second question that you asked based on the first reply. Kudos to you. And getting to talk to Maddy, dance with him... Well this time it is jade for me and I am so jealous being an ardent Maddy fan - okay let me stand corrected Maddy Joll. Good one :)

6. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Padmini amma
    It is always a delight to read your snippets as you narrate with so much humor its a treat. :bowdown:bowdown
    Congrats on this meet and then winning the dance contest. I am sure that is the key to your beauitful svelte figure:) righta?
    Do add a few lines about who these people are as silly me do not watch television , unless its disney channel because of the kid, or go to the movies!Now eagerly awaiting to read about Vikram. :thumbsup

7. Ammukutty

Ammukutty Bronze IL'ite

Padmini Mam,

Loved reading "When Paddy met Maddy?"& what a superb question...I love your writing for the

energy they spread & also the humour.So Iam eagerly waiting for Paddy's lunch with

Vikram

ammu

8. Bujji

Bujji Bronze IL'ite

Wow, what a meeting !! :cheers

Padmini ma ....
    [​IMG] Really a brave gesture of saying "NO" :)
    Hindu la first line na vandappo, evlo happy a irundurupinga ma :))

Did you take picture with Vikram?
    Waiting to read that rendezvous too.

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Padmini

Enjoyed reading your post which was very humerous. Waiting for the next lunch with Vikram. Congratulations.

love
    viji

10. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Dear Padmini,

WOW,WOW,WOW (I'm imagining how Vivek would have said that!)

So Paddy, you are sure lucky to have had such a whale of a time with Maddy. Next with Vicky-aa? Jamaichudungo! Padikka romba aavaalaa irukku!

Amaam, unga talents as a dancer, enakku ippo thaan theriya vandadu! one more WOW....

So what colour did you dress up in? Green-aa? (ha,ha,ha, chumma joke thaan!)

Thoroughly enjoyable post, as only you can write with all the punch lines!
    PS: Did you finish reading the suspens-part of the book?

LnBBHs,
    Padma