Pachadi and Raithas

Discussion in 'Krishnaammas Kitchen' started by krishnaamma, Dec 6, 2008.

1. ds0612

ds0612 Bronze IL'ite

wow!! really great recipes...i am going to try them...

2. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Krishnamma

Excellent recipes. I love beetroot & Carrot pachidi. Today i will try one at home.

My amma used to cook pudalangai pal pachadi - (pudalangai cooked in milk and it is a sweet pachadi)

Can u post that recipe for me?

Andal

3. yenetishashi

yenetishashi Senior IL'ite

MY DEAR KRISHNAMMA,

the moment i saw the title itself my mouth was watering ,i like them ,though i dont eat much ,but freshly praepared chutney tastes wonderful.
    this sunday i prepared tomato chutney ,came out very well.

actually my mil is very good in making daily pachadis ,

even if there is nalabhima pakam in front of my mother or mil,their eyes would search for pachadis ,pickles.

so i wish learn well here and when i go to india would give a surprise to them ,with your help , how is my :idea

luv,
    shashi.

4. renukasuresh

renukasuresh New IL'ite

Dear krishnamma

wow so many varieties of pachadies.........i didnt know that even with ladies fingers u can make pachadies. diffently i am going to try this.

thanks for posting so many recipes.

renukasuresh

5. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vahee,

Thanks for your sweet words. :) and also for stepping in. If you want I can put many types of ginger pachadies.:thumbsup

Regarding Jawwarisi pachadi, ya it is a very good pachadi for any pulav and bisi bela bath. We ( me, my husband and Krishna ) like it very much. YOu have to fry it well. there are many varieties in Jawwarisi, if it fries well you will get good pachadi. dont be hurry while frying. allow it to become at least double. so that it will soak in buttermilk well.

If it is not fried well, it will not absorb butter milk and it will remain as it is and this will spoil your pachadi.
    If it is a poor quality, it will become like 'maavu' and the pachadi will become like 'kuzhu' so be careful in selecting jawarisi. Then only you can enjoy the pachadi. ok va?

6. krishnaamma

Hi Sabita,

thanks for your comments. now a days all are recommending to take lots of veg. and fruits. so it is good to prepare raw veg. or raw fruit pachadi daily. for that this thread will help you a little. you can do one by one daily. try and give me a feed back.

Your feed back will give me encouragement and will give others to give a try that particular dish. ok? all the best.:thumbsup

7. krishnaamma

HI ds,

good to note that you are going to try them. :thumbsup all the best ma.

8. krishnaamma

Hi Andal,

good to note that you like pachadies. sure let me put that also. just wait ok?

9. krishnaamma

Dear Shashi,

Happy to see your post.:hiya sure you can learn many pachadies through this thread and you can surprise your mother and MIL. :bananaNo doubt about that. start from today. good to note that you prepared tomato chutney and you liked that. try one by one and do when you go to India.
    All the best:thumbsup

10. krishnaamma

Hi renuka,

Yes you can make pachadi with any veg. The only thing is, you have to know about the nature of the veg. for example, if you want to prepare ladies finger or yam, you have to fry them. if you want to make pachadi with onion or carrot you can use them as it is.

Like that, you have to know about the veg. and accordingly you have to use them. if it is some what sour you can add green chilly or red chilly withthat according to your taste. if the veg. is neutral,you can make sweet or hot pachadi with that.
    You can prepare pachadi with half riped banana also. so it is up to you how you want to have that veg. that is all.:thumbsup