Overrated Travel Destinations?

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Rihana, Jan 13, 2021.

1. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

I saw someone posted Aruba trip videos recently and fell in love with it :blush:
    Now that’s on my list too :sweatsmile:

Laks09 likes this.
  2. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

. Kings cross station is pretty cool even for non- Harry Potter fans (but who wouldn’t like the magic of Harry Potter).
    If you go early morning or late evening (sunrise/ sunset), Tajmahal will look divine!

Rihana, Indeevara and Laks09 like this.
  3. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

This is how I/we travel to places. I think the reason no place ever disappoints me is that I always research the place and already have a list of cool places (not touristy) to visit. For me, London is such an amazing place. The Globe for Shakespeare fans, Charles darwin's home for Natural history buffs, The Florence Nightingale museum for all things medical science, Bletchley park where the modern-day computer science started, Grant Museum of Zoology (no visit to University College London will be complete without checking out this cool museum).....it is just full of all kind of things. Take a short train ride, and you are in Cambridge- The Eagle pub where one of the most remarkable discoveries in Biology was announced. Another short train ride and you are in Liverpool- the city of Beetles and Tropical medicine! Stone henge and Bath, a day trip away from London.

In my 20s, I lived in Scotland for four months, and, like you, I was always on the go too. That's where I fell in love with the Harry Potter world and made a point to check out as many places as I could. I never felt any racism. It was in the early 2000s. As we travel as a family, small pubs and bakeries keep offering my kids free treats, cookies, etc., which always surprise me because people say Brits are rude. I have extensively traveled in India during my MSc and PhD days. I had an opportunity to go to Kashmir for a conference, and as you or someone described, Kashmir is a magical place. I wish to go there again.

Rihana, hrastro and Indeevara like this.
  4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Rihana,

Only you can come up with such wonderful threads.

I am not sure why any one would go here but this has been a must see for us, after seeing so many pictures of it. Oh what a disappointment it was! I am talking about Mt.Rushmore! Really not worth it at all. It was niether magnificent from air nor from ground :(

Indeevara, Rihana and Hopikrishnan like this.
  5. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

hahaha....:clap2: for people getting to Rapid city on the road from the east, there is Wall Drug. I remember that large souvenir and convenient store more than the Mt.Rushmore.
    America's Grandest Roadside Attraction Is A Vortex of Dinosaurs, Cowboys, And Kitsch

The place got famous after the movie North by Northwest. Girl in high heels climbs down the face of the presidents.

Rihana likes this.