1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Over a cup of coffee............

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Megalife, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dea r Mega,

As i was reading this , over a cup of tea, i could not but smile , such a warm hearted sotry of friends, who meet, and they remembered yr birthday, so cute eh !

God bless such friends, and u for u must be someone special for them.

Regards

kamal

1 person likes this.
  2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Mega dear belated happy birthday. May God bless you and fulfill all your wishes.

I missed wishing you on the big day and I missed out on the celebrations too! Let's celebrate again and raise a toast to the Birthday of a fantastic individual and a genuine human being. Wishing you a Belated Happy Birthday!

3. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Dear mindi
    Glad it made you revive your good old times......what fun we had....not trying to make you jealous . But it was like time stood still, we all grew more than a decade young....after Starbucks we straight headed for baskin robins ice creams (something which I will never let my kids do...hot cold mix!!!).we dumped dia's dh half way. Two of us live in the same emirate, dia is the only one abt 2hrs drive from abudhabi. With our hectic schedule, such occasions are rare.
    Sorry for dragging on, some memories are such.
    Mega

2 people like this.
  4. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Lovely snippet :thumbsup
    Do hold on to this wonderful friend(family friends, including her dh) forever, it is very rare to find such good friends, who really have time to stop and care for you in this hectic world.
    A lot of friends part ways or just fall out of touch once their family grows. While they blame the responsibilities and errands, maintaining a relationship needs just a few minutes of one's day/week/month and that's all it takes!

2 people like this.
  5. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Dear Prana
    Thank you for your blessings, I have made some very good friends here as well.....my day was truly delightful.
    Take care
    Mega
    PS: I love that pro pic of yours...a perfect bharati Nari.

6. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

That was a beautiful one Mega dear.
    You are right many a time especially Bdays and Anniversary we really become small kids. More then our DH's and kids wishes or relatives we wish our close friends wish us.
    I sometimes land up calling them and reminding them what is today's date:), in case they forget I am all:rant:rant how could you do this to me.....hehehe
    I know it sounds crazy, but this is what I am:), and they all know me well and never mind shouting at them.:hide:

7. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Dear navs23
    It was an awesome day, no two ways to it. I have been very fortunate for friends, made many of them...however three of them stand out as xtra special....the third one is my very very best friend and even our kids are best buddies.....so now it's more like a family.thanks for stopping by.
    Mega

1 person likes this.
  8. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Mega Buddy..........:)

That's so sweet of your friends......and that's that's sweet of you to take us to your 'belated' Birthday bash at the Starbucks...:coffee...Just loved it dear......!!!!

Your warm and refreshing post is urging my lazy bones to get up and pick the phone and call my dear friend who lives miles away from me, but close to my heart........after all.....time and distance doesn't matter.....when it comes to close friends na.......:)

Thank you for this lovely post........and my best wishes to you......a little too early for your next birthday.......in case I miss it.......:hide:....:rotfl...
    And......

Belated ( Very):hide: Birthday wishes dear.....for this year.......:birthday....!!!!!

1 person likes this.
  9. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Dearest Vijima
    Thanks for your sincere blessings, love you hamesha....celebrations on...any time you visit UAE. May you rule IL for many yrs. in the best of health.....
    ! Bow bow.....humbled and honoured.
    Mega

10. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Dear kamalji
    Hmmm.... I like that...me special and hence surrounded by special friends, you and our IL friends included. Like I told you when my dad left me in the heart of north India, I was welcomed there with open arms.....( I could speak Hindi very well, so language was not an obstacle )......but still there was some difference in culture and traditions which was easy to adjust bcas of their wholehearted support and I made some great friends ........ I enjoyed every bit of my college and hostel life.
    Thank you sir for your fb and for not sharing that sp. jaipuri tea.
    Mega