Ovarian Drilling experience, anyone?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by divyamsriram, Oct 6, 2014.

1. divyamsriram

divyamsriram Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,

Do you have any experience of going through a laproscopic ovarian drilling process? I have been having PCOS for close to 8 years now, however I do have a regular cycle of 32-35 days, which in the recent months have become very irregular. I have had 2 IUI's so far (Iam currently 13 DP2ndIUI) and in both the cycles, I did not produce more than 1 mature follicle despite being on gonadotropin injections. My doctor hinted to me last time that we could look at ovarian drilling as an option. I am quite anxious about the procedure and outcome as I read on google, various differing opinions from ladies who have undergone the process.

Are there any of you out here who has done this and had success? Please share your experience

Thanks,
    Divya.

2. luckwaves

luckwaves Platinum IL'ite

3. sumi2

sumi2 Senior IL'ite

Hi Divya,

I have undergone laproscopy with ovarian drilling around 7 months back.
    I have been TTC for around 5 years now. 6 failed IUIs and 1 failed IVF. None of my doctors gave any reason for my inability to conceive.
    I consulted a different RE around 10 months back and she diagnosed my problem to be PCOS. She suggested me ovarian drilling and said that it would help me to conceive.
    After delaying for further 2 months I went for the surgery.
    Then after few cycles of natural trying, RE suggested to go for IVF. My Beta came positive and this is the first time ever in my life that i got a positive. So, i do think that ovarian drilling helped my case.
    PS: But I miscarried after 6 weeks and my RE is still diagnosing the reasons (but its not related to PCOS this time). But after having a blind run for so many years , i think god has atleast showed me a path.
    Lots of Baby dust to you. :)