Ovarian Drilling + Clomid didnt work, what next ?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by BelCanto, May 2, 2012.

1. BelCanto

BelCanto Senior IL'ite

Hi Gals,

I had my ovarian drilling done in march and since then i have had 2 periods... first cycle my opk kit showed i ovulated, then i got my periods on my own and after that things are not normal. Today is my cd17 and ultrasound scan showed that i have only one follicle which is 11.6 mm, i had a scan last week on cd 12 which showed follicle close to 10mm, but there is not much progess here... I had taken clomid 50 mg this cycle...

If i dont ovulate i will not get my periods, again i should start eating provera, sad that OD didnt work for me.

I asked the nurse for my next steps but she said she has to talk to the doctor ,now i am wondering if mine is a unique case which she has never seen... do you all what the next steps could be ? Please let me know... :drowning

Could IVF be the next step ?

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Belcanto,
    After the ovarian drilling, our body is supposed to be in good form for 3-6 cycles at least. I think you periods aren't normal even in this period. It makes me to think! Anyway, you might need to increase the tablet dosage or move on to injections which will produce good follicles & that will help you to promote to the next level. The next step after this would be IUI with tablets & or injections. Only the next stage is IVF, don't hurry up! Hope you will conceive before going to all those extend!
    All the best. Baby dust to you!

3. BelCanto

BelCanto Senior IL'ite

Hi Vasu,

Thank you. yes after OD my cycles were normal for just one month[got my period on 28th day].... n now its gone back to square one...

4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hmm.... Hope the hormones will come under control soon!
    Take care dear!
    All the best!

5. sumaramesh

sumaramesh New IL'ite

AS per my research on net and my experience , first step would be

Metformin for 2-6 months (depends on your age and if you can wait long)...

Then Clomid starts from 50mg to 150mg, based on how our body responds...

If that fails, it will be FSH injectibles. and HCG to trigger ovulation..

Guess if that fails, only IVF is option.....

My case:

HI

I am ttc, married for 3yrs... Took 100MG Clomid Day 3-7. Looks like Clomid just helped me to create Follicles, but it dint grow.So Doc added 5 days of FSH Injections to help follicle grow to 20mm. Once it reached 20mm, gave me hcg shot to trigger ovulation, and suggested timed intercourse....Doc confirmed Ovulation on Day 17th.. Waiting 15days to check... And this Wait is Killing me...

I see your post is March. What is your status now ?? You conceived ??? Please share, feel better to know about people who is on same boat....

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012