1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Outsourced

Discussion in 'Movies' started by tadasari, Nov 28, 2007.

1. tadasari

tadasari New IL'ite

[FONT=&quot]I saw a great movie mostly filmed in mumbai/seattle called Outsourced. Its about an american call center manager whose job is being outsourced to [/FONT]<st1:country-region><st1:place>[FONT=&quot]India[/FONT]</st1:place></st1:country-region>[FONT=&quot] and he has to go to [/FONT]<st1:country-region><st1:place>[FONT=&quot]India[/FONT]</st1:place></st1:country-region>[FONT=&quot] to train his replacement. The movie is a romance and a comedy, but also deep and thought-provoking. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Its a great movie in that it depicts the whole outsourcing/globalization issue with a funny, down to earth, real way instead of berating either western or indian cultures. Has anyone else seen Outsourced? What did you think?
    [/FONT]

Similar Threads
    1. sundarusha
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

I just checked the trailer from the link you gave - it looks very interesting. Not sure if it is playing in the theatres here in Kanas City - but I am sure I can find the DVD. Thanks for the information!

3. tadasari

tadasari New IL'ite

You're welcome! They are selling the DVD on the website as well as the soundtrack. I think you can also rent it now. Yeah - it's a runaway independent film (kinda like My Big Fat Greek Wedding) so it didn't get to play for very long in any of the theaters where it screened, but it has a good following now on DVD. I'm thinking it'll make a good holiday present. I really enjoyed that the romantic female character in Outsourced was strong, outspoken, and they didn't show her naked or put her in revealing clothing - they presented her as attractive because she was smart, and that's such a refreshing change. I also liked that she was Indian and he was American, because that's the same as my parents!

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Tadasri,

The film sounds good. I too will look out for its DVD. Thanks for the info.

L, Kamla

5. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Tadasari,

Thanks for the information. The movies sounds very interesting. I will also get the DVD.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2007
  6. tadasari

tadasari New IL'ite

Let me know what you think! I'm dying to talk about the role of Kali in Outsourced with someone that has a better understanding than I do.

7. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

I checked in Blockbuster - they dont have it yet - so, I guess I might have to buy it rathr than rent it. Let me see..

8. tadasari

tadasari New IL'ite

Here's a direct link to where I bought my copy: Custom Store Interesting that it isn't at Blockbuster, I think that netflix has it.