1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

outlet mall -Jersey city, NJ

Discussion in 'Indians in Jersey City' started by rithi, Jan 14, 2010.

1. rithi

rithi New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I'll be attending a meeting at Jersey city, NJ. I would like to shop for winter clothes, kids wear, shoes etc., Can you suggest some good factory outlets, outlet mall etc., close by there. In addition, I think there is no sales tax on clothes and shoes in NJ :) I'll be renting a car so driving is not a problem (NJ is high in tolls though :(

2. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

Jersey Gardens in Elizabeth NJ is the biggest mall in NJ.. Its near to Newark Airport.. The tax is just 3% in elizabeth (there is no tax on clothing).. Try it out!! The mall is really good (there aint much factory outlets, but things are cheap there..)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  3. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

One of nearest outlet near Jersey city is Harmon Crove Outlet center located at Secaucus, Nj, just it should be 15mts drive from Jersery city.

Just google in site for Harmon Crove Outlet center at Secaucus, you will get directory of the site. You got many outlet stores there....one of my favourite is The Children's Place.

Hartz Retail - Harmon Cove Outlet Center

If i go there i make it sure to shop for atleast 50-60$ clothes for daughter according to the season...you will not believe , if i say i got many of her dresses for $2- $5. Recently i got Stonewash Jeans for $5...its worth...

Now i am longing to go there, as i shifted it pretty far for me now, even then i am planning to shop for next winter at the end of the season...there you get nice deals particularly for kids below 5yrs....

Happy Shopping...

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  4. rithi

rithi New IL'ite

Thank you 'Writeme' and Usha. I'll check out those malls. Hope the weather is friendly when I'm there.

Thanks again

5. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Usha;
    That was a good deal. Never heard of that mall. Adding it my to visit list.
    Rithi;
    If you have time there is a Revlon outlet centre in Edison.
    -Nitha

6. sowmyadas

sowmyadas New IL'ite

hi usha... im sowmya..hv been to new port mall last weekend....the info you give is being v.helpful for me to plan out for next weekend..I hve 3 and half yr old kid...Been to childrens plc in newport mall..found rates relatively costly thr...shl surely chk out ...thanx lot for the info

7. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

You are welcome sowmyadas:)