1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Our trip to Six flags, NJ

Discussion in 'Indians in New Jersey' started by sanravi_1970, Nov 23, 2006.

1. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Hi all

I would like to share our experience when we went to Six flags, NewJersy.

Me and my husband went during the month of August and since we live in Newyork, its just 2 hrs travel to Newjersy, so we went in our car.We started in the morning and we were in a great excitement that we are going to
    enjoy without limits.

Its a Theme park which has lots of amusement games and rides for both adults and kids. Really enjoyable place. We can get food and drinks inside the park and the ticket for entry is also reasonable.

We can enjoy all the rides over there and its really a thrilling experience.

Since its not that far, we started in the morning and we can return in the evening, but time went worse for us, as our car engine has got over heated and it is a kind of situation where we cant take the car further to drive back
    to our home.

The good thing what we did is since we almost reached the theme park, we decided to enjoy the trip and at the end of the day we had to tow the car to nearby gas station, just to give a try that the car can run to our home place by
    adding coolent. We got the coolent and we added and started with a hope that we can reach our home but that doesnt work. We faced the same problem as before. We then thought of getting the car repaired and stayed in car that
    night as the place where we reached was like a very lonely place and we just saw a gas station there. That day was a saturday night and no mechanic works on nights and on sunday too. We were in the middle of the road!!!!!!
    So sunday morning we found a Motel and stayed there and that experience was really horrible and pathetic. Oh my god i cant even imagine it again !!!!

On Monday, we saw a mechanic in nearby garage and we had a little hope that our car will be repaired and when we enquired they charged so much which is not feasible, so finally we had to tow our car to our home at Newyork. We had no food, no water too, my husband somehow managed to get some chips, and sandwitch after walking for more than 4 to 5 miles on that hot sun. we had a nice big breath only after we reached home.

We tried to call our friends but nobody was there at home, they were also touring. We didnt had any of the necessary items during trip like torch, phone number of important persons, only by our memory we tried to call friends. One
    good thing we did is we took the cell charger, if not it would have been very difficult to get even a tow truck.

So the lesson that we learnt is whenever we travel even for short distance we need to take necessary kit and i also advise the same to others too.

The only satisfaction that we had apart from unncessary expenses is that we really enjoyed our trip to the theme park :)

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

So sorry..

Dear Sanravi_1970...

I am so sorry that your outing turned out to be such a hurdle. Sometimes, these things do happen. Like you say, you have learnt very valuable lessons from your trip and I am sure that this will Never happen to you again. Besides, now you have an adventurous and interesting story to tell one and all and this will be etched in your memory for ever.
    It is a great trait to be able to smile at one's own misfortune and you possess it.

L, Kamla

3. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hai,
    sure your trip taught you many things, even though you have suffered at that time. Life is like that, isn't it? Problems crop up when we least expect them.
    So the lesson is, always expect the unexpected to happen.

4. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

how depressing

Dear sanravi,
    Your trip report evoked mixed reactions in me .Your difficulties on the way is a lesson for everyone. We should first assure if the car is faultless just before a holiday trip. I am very inmpressed you enjoyed as you wanted to
    Regards,
    Meenu

5. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

thanks kamala, meenu, varloo for ur reply, its very true to expect the unexpected, i keep telling it always!! :)