1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Our Terrace garden was telecasted in Makkal TV

Discussion in 'Posts in Regional Languages' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, Nov 8, 2011.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Our Terrace garden was telecasted in Makkal TV​

Dear all,

I have got exciting news for you all. It was a real surprise for me when my DH came from the nursery with some plants and told me that Makkal TV crew is coming to our house and to get ready for a video.

I said, “Are you joking? What for they are coming to our house?”

He said, “I went to the nursery to get some plants. They were in the nursery and taking video of the nursery and interviewing the nursery owner. They even took my video when I took the plants and paid the money. They asked me where I was staying. I told them I was staying just opposite in a flat. Then they asked in a flat where I would keep the plants. I told them I maintain a garden at the terrace and have near about 80 to 90 plants in pots. They told me that they wanted to come and take the video to telecast in the Makkal TV if I gave permission.”

The TV crew came to our house and our terrace garden was photographed and our interview was video graphed. This took place on 18th August. When I asked when it would be telecasted he said in a week or ten days. I asked whether they would inform us before telecasting and he said one week before they would inform us. So I thought that I will post the information in IL and whoever wants to watch the programme could watch it.But we got no information and so we thought perhaps they were not satisfied with the video and so abandoned the idea of telecasting it.

To our surprise last evening at 7 p.m. we received a call from a person who told that he saw our terrace garden in Makkal TV and wanted to know many things. Soon after one of our friends from Pallikaranai also called us and told the he too saw the programme and it was very nice.

I am so sorry to tell you it was telecasted last evening between 6.30 and 7.00 p.m. in “Malarum Bhoomi” programme and again the repeat programme was telecasted this morning between 5.30 and 6 a.m.

We were not informed by the concerned TV though they assured us that they would inform us one week before the telecast. Then we called Makkal TV programme manager who told us that he would inform us. He gave some lame excuses and then told that it would be re-telecasted in the morning and we can watch it. As we were doubtful we did not inform anyone.

But this morning it was telecasted and we captured it in our camera and had uploaded it in Picasa.

https://picasaweb.google.com/100540...key=Gv1sRgCNDw9ZfM_Jz17AE#5672526887042579794

I have given the link for those who would like to watch it.

My third and final call to our bubbling IL members to fulfill my wish of participating in Jaya TV jackpot programme.

Come on bright young ladies and gentlemen! One of you take the initiative and go ahead. I am getting impatient to see our IL members taking part in Jackpot.

Love,
    PS

2. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Very glad about this madam. Congrats. -rgs

3. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear rgs,
    Thanks a lot for your prompt and first fb. Were you able to view the video clipping?
    Love,
    PS

4. AkhilaaSaras

AkhilaaSaras Gold IL'ite

Hi Pushpavalli really great.... ill go home and view it

5. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Yes, I was. But could not hear the voice clearly. Also, did not see it in full. Will see it later. Srinivasan Kuravi's web album - it said. Will watch later and respond. Thanks Madam. -rgs

6. nehaja

nehaja Bronze IL'ite

beautiful garden mam...

7. rheaa

rheaa Silver IL'ite

Nice terrace garden, it must have been so exciting for you and for your near & dear ones to see on TV :)

8. PushpavalliSrinivasan

9. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear PS ma'am.....
    Wow.......Beautiful garden......
    Glad to know that all the love,care and hard-work you put in maintaining this impeccable garden is serving as an inspiration to many others through this TV program....
    Thanks for sharing this proud moment......

10. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

great.. congratulations!!! BTW why dont you update the tips on regular basis in a separate thread/blog in IL!!!