1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Our prayers should be for blessings in general, for God knows best what is good for

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Feb 27, 2012.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill

In life we should have the blessings of God and elders. When we get opportunity to serve elders we do not miss it because by serving them we get their blessings and we lead our life peacefully and whenever we come across any difficulties it becomes less because of their blessings though we have to suffer a little because of our past karma

I also got the opportunity to serve my mother, grandmother, father and my mil during their last days. Glad that I took that opportuntity and served them with all my heart. Today whatever I am is their blessings and I am thankful to God and to them.

My mother suddenly fell ill two days before Diwali. That time she was in our house. Both my brothers were out of town who were in MUmbai. She had loose motions and vomiting and was admitted in hospital. Doctors could not find out what was wrong with her. By God's grace she did not suffer long. Me and my dh looked after her in the hospital. By the time the Doctor's could find out her sickness she was no more. My brothers also felt bad that they could not see her last. My dh was the lucky person to be with her at the last moment as I was also sent out by Doctor. Her blessings only has given us a peaceful life

My father and grandmother both had cancer and were in the last stage. Those days there was not much cure for cancer. During their last days I had the opportunity to be with them and serve them. My grandmother told me before she left this world, I wont be there to pray for you , your yourself pray for your marriage and dont worry you will get a good husband. With her blessings I got a good husband , a gem of a person and that too from her native only.

I had the opportunity of serving my mother in law and brother in law also. My mother in law had the food prepared by me. Everyday I used to prepare different types of breakfast for my brother in law and he used to be very happy. I was lucky that their blessings also I received

Though they are all not in the world at present, I know they are blessing me from above and guiding me and helping me out whenever I am in difficulty or in good health.

A contented mind is the greatest blessing a man can enjoy in this world.
    Joseph Addison quotes

"

Robert C. Goizueta

8 people like this.

2. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: Our prayers should be for blessings in general, for God knows best what is good f

Dear Vitamin Viji aunty......
    Of course aunty...not everyone is blessed to get the opportunity of taking care of elders at their old-age......and it is a punya.......
    I am sure, you would have done it with your vitamin smile and "thuru thuru", enthusiastic attitude......
    They would always bless you aunty.....
    Thanks for this nice post.......:):thumbsup

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Re: Our prayers should be for blessings in general, for God knows best what is good f

Dea r Viji,

You are blessed with their blessings, God bless u, and i agree with what u say.

Regards

kamal

4. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Good one vijima!
    The opportunity of taking care of elders is itself a real blessing, for all that they have done for us selflessly, there is no better way to pay back.

5. iyerviji

Thanks Bhargavi dear for your first and sweet fb. Your fb brought a smile on my face .....

6. iyerviji

Thanks Kamalji for your visit and blessings.

You are blessed with their blessings, God bless u, and i agree with what u say.

Regards

kamal[/QUOTE]

7. iyerviji

Navs dear ya I agree with you

8. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Viji, I agree with you 100 percent, we what we are today, because of our karma and Aldo because of the blessings from our elders.

Glad to know about the opportunities you had to get elder's blessings.

As always, the quotes are worth quoting. :)

Sriniketan

1 person likes this.
  9. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

I thoroughly agree with you Vijima. We really have to be blessed to get an opportunity to look after our elders and often when we do that to the best of our ability and conscience, it is their happiness and blessings and our own satisfaction that lives on with us and helps us face their loss long after they are gone.

1 person likes this.
  10. iyerviji

Srini dear thanks for sharing your views and glad to know that you like my quotes

Sriniketan[/QUOTE]