1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Our Gods Are Sporting, We Are Not.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by HariLakhera, Feb 14, 2021.

1. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

OUR GODS ARE SPORTING, WE ARE NOT.

सदाभवानीदाहिनी, सम्मुखरहेंगणेश, पंचदेवरक्षाकरेंब्रह्मा, विष्णुमहेश।

(Sada Bhawani Dahini, sammukh rahen Ganesh, Panch Dev raksha karen Brahma, Vishnu Mahesh)

With this invocation, I am presenting the query of my atheist friend in his own words:

“As per Ramayan and Mahabharata Rama and Krishna are the Incarnation of Lord Vishnu and both entered the earth to save Dharma and Adharma.

You may agree to disagree, call me a rambler, laugh at me, be angry with me or simply call me mad. But I think that the most stupid question is one that has not been asked. So I have to ask for clarification.

Since we have many Gods, they seem to be in competition to have an upper hand and try to test each other, not openly though. In the open, they worship each other, particularly Vishnu and Shiva.

For example:

Lord Shiva is deep meditation and God Of love Kamrup tries to disturb him but fails. Lord Shiva opens his third eye and burns him. Kamrup’s wife Rati pleads for mercy and here is what lord Shiva says :

जबजदुबंसक्रिष्णअवतारा, होइहिहरनमहामहिभारा।

क्रिष्णतनयहोइहिपतितोराबचनअन्यथाहोइनमोरा।

बालकाण्ड

(Jab Yaduvans Krishna Avatara, Hohiyi haran maha mahidhara,
    Krishna Tanaya hohiyi pati tora, Vachan anyatha hoi na mora- Balkand)

(When Lord Vishnu incarnates as Krishna in Yadu clan, his sonwill be your husband, meaning Kamrup will return to you as Krishna’s son)

Now he could have spared them the long torturous wait and instead fixed a tenure of day one Yuga.

But he wanted to test the Vishnu!

And:

Ravana prays for Lord Vishnu’s blessings :

कर बनती पद गह दससीसा, बोलेउ बचन सुन जगदीशा।
    हम काके मरह न मारे, बानर मनुज जात इबारे।

बालकाण्ड

(kar viniti pad gah dashshisha, Boleyu vachan sun Jagdisha.
    Ham ka ke marah na mare, Vanar, Manuj jatayi bare-Balkand)

(Ravana-O lord of the Universe grant me the boon that no one may kill be barring humans and monkeys)

He clearly asks for not to be killed by Humans and monkeys. He was hugely blessed by Lord Shiva and he knew he was so invincible and powerful to be killed by humans and monkeys.

But look what happens. Lord Vishnu incarnates as human as Rama and kills him. A clear case of back door entry.

See what happens:

जन डरपहु मुनि सिद्ध सुरेसा, तुहहि लाग धरहउँ नर बेसा।

(Jan darpahu muni siddh Suresha, Tumahi lagi dharhaun nar vesha)

(Do not be afraid, gods, for you I will take birth as a human)

And

निज लोकह बरंच गे देवह इहइस खाइ, बानर तनु धर धर मह हरपद सेव जाइ।

(Nij lokah viranch ge dewah yiyah sakhaee, Vanar tanu dhar dhar har pad seva jaayee)

(Lord Brahman goes to his abode and instructs the Gods to take birth as monkeys on earth and serve Lord Rama)

Now tell me is it not cheating? Is it not Gods challenging each other for upper seat?”

Well, all what I could only say is:

हरिअनंतहरिकथाअनंता, कहहिंसुनहिंबहुविधिसबसंता

(Hari anant Hari katha ananta, kahayin sunahin bahuvidhi santa)

(God is eternal, His stories are eternal and Saints and sages speak and listen to them in many ways)

Now we see how sporting our Gods are. They try to challenge each other at times but respect and worship each other. We, his creation, on the other get offended on petty issues and kill on slightest provocation.

Keep smiling.

iyerviji likes this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Awesome post

3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Gods would have been in competition if they had not been handicapped by non-existence. But their followers are in serious competition to prove that thir god is the best. I wonder what kind of god it is whose superiority over other gods nrrf to be proved by followers. The result is mayhem with followers going hammer and tongs against each other.

HariLakhera likes this.
  4. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

I think Gods were created by humans and to prove them superpower some tales of miracles of added to their life stories. In other words, nature was named as God. Since it is rather difficult to understand nature, it is better to give it a name.
    In any case, we have to have faith in something.