Our Dear Mithila Kannan Is No More!

Discussion in 'Bereavement' started by varalotti, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Deeply saddened that Mithila has gone far away never to return and regale us all with her lighthearted blogs on many serious topics and her skillfully crafted stories with larger than life characters.Nevertheless she has left us a treasure trove of beautiful writing that will remain immortal.
    Mithila and I shared several common interests, being in the same age bracket more or less and we often discussed about our favourite books and authors ."Gone with the Wind" and " The Mill on the Floss" were our special favourites.
    I spoke to her last during the first week of August when she was very unwell .I was away in the US and could not get in touch for long.I was planning to call up and visit her this week .Strangely enough,I dialled her number on the 8th afternoon and it was switched off .I decided to call her later on in the evening as I had spoken several times to her at night.Little did I know that I had lost forever the opportunity to talk to her that same morning when she had passed away.I saw this thread conveying the sad news late evening and since then finding it hard to come to terms with it.
    It was a merciful release as she had endured a lot of suffering due to her serious illness , yet,the void she has left behind for all of us can never be filled.
    May the Almighty give her family enough strength to bear this grievous loss.

1 person likes this.
  2. soumya234

soumya234 Platinum IL'ite

Rest in Peace Mithila mam

3. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

This is very very sad news indeed. Even I had hoped someday to meet her although I had thought I will not make it back to India in time since her health was so weak. Such a special spirit....the world has lost a light.

Mr. LN: Death can be God's mercy that we don't have to suffer forever. Some of us seem to have the destiny to suffer and overcome more than others, perhaps God knows they are strong enough to do that. In my hours of grief over losses in my family, I took consolation in the line from an old hymn here: I have gone to a better place. Indeed, I am sure that Mythala has gone to a better place but we all will miss her.

4. Vijaya@17

Vijaya@17 Silver IL'ite

Very sorry to hear about our dear friend and pray for her soul to rest in peace.

5. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Real sad news indeed. Have always enjoyed reading her snippets. Her writing will be sorely missed in IL.

May her soul rest in peace. My heartfelt condolences to LN sir and family.

Thanks Sridhar for letting us know.

Sindhu

6. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Sir, its a really a shock. I didnt know MIthila ma is no more all these days. today i happened to browse few ilites profile which lead me here. i didnt know its been more than a month. i kept telling her that her blogs, posts should be saved- the open letters to son, daughter all are great advice from a mom. mithila mom's blogs are oneof the blogs which Ikeep reading again and again. once i sent her pm enquiring about her health, and said how much her writings helpedme. but that pm didnt go, saying she didnt have pm access. but then we all got free pm access, i didnt send her the pm again, thinking whats the rush, pm acess will be there, i can pm later.. even for the past month i keep thinking I have to send the pm...i have to reply to her latest snippets. They all in the list, but i kept postponing them. Now i didnt have a chance to say her anything. If its so painful for me, I cant think about her family members. She has suffered a lot. God please help her soul rest in peace. God please give her family members an dear friends the strength to bear this loss.

7. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar Sir, I am sorry for writing this late since we were on the big move from Bahrain to India in October and were travelling a lot after that and only a couple of days ago was wondering about Mithila mam and this morning only I came cross this message.

I can understand this big loss to her family as well as to IL too !!

May her soul rest in peace !!

8. InnerBliss

InnerBliss Gold IL'ite

I also join you in the prayers for the departed soul and the strength for her family members.

9. Gae3

Gae3 Platinum IL'ite

May her soul rest in peace.