Our Dear Mithila Kannan Is No More!

Discussion in 'Bereavement' started by varalotti, Nov 8, 2011.

1. ars

ars Platinum IL'ite

Very sad to hear the news. May her soul rest in peace.
    She was a wonderful writer. Last I heard was she was planning on writing a writeup about letters to the son.
    She will be very much missed on IL.

2. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Very sad to hear the news. May her soul rest in peace. May God give strength to LN sir and to other family members to overcome the loss.

3. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Very very sad to hear the news of Mithila Kannan's demise. May her soul rest in peace! She was a very good writer. My heartfelt condolences to her family and I pray to the Lord to give them strength to bear the loss.
    Pushpavalli Srinivasan

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

A very sad news.

She should have regained her health and lived much longer and continued giving insight into times and lives of our everyday Indian household with more of her snippets. That is the first thing that comes to my mind when I think of our Mithila-- All her snippets addressed to her 'dears'! And now, our very DEAR Mithila simply went away....

That's what happens-- When a dear person goes forever from our lives, we mourn more for ourselves I guess. It is me who has lost her and feel sad and bad that I never got to dial that number which still is stuck on my refrigerator...a reminder that I should call her one of these days.

I know that she is at peace wherever she is. For, I am sure that God loved her and wanted to keep her with Him. Given her optimistic and cheerful attitude, I am convinced that she is reading all our posts with a smile on her face.

I have exchanged a couple of messages with Mithila in the past and we got to know a little about each other, our lives and problems. Mithila too has two daughters like me and we bonded well together. I feel others who have communicated with her must have felt the same for she was a very friendly and outgoing person. I loved the way she was ready to share her experiences with us ILites and all her snippets had a lesson for us to learn from, though they never were preachy.

In spite of never having met her, I feel like I have lost a good friend. My heartfelt condolences to her family. My heart goes out to her daughters and grandchildren.
    Most of all, I am thinking of LN sir. His loss is manifold. Time is the only healer. May God give him strength to withstand this great loss.

Love you Mithila Kannan.

Kamla

PS: Dear Sridhar, thanks for starting this thread and letting us know.

5. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

It was a very sad and shocking news to me to know that our dear Mithila Kannan is no more. First, my heart felt condolences to Mr. Lakshminarayan and other family members. Thank you Sridhar for sharing the sad news, if not, we would not have known it.
    It is going to be hard for Mithila's dh to come to terms with the loss. May God give him the strength to overcome the grief. I too remember praying for her health when she was in a critical condition in hospital. After our prayers had been answered and she regained her health to some extent, we were all happy to see her back with her touching blogs.
    It is a sad moment for all us ilites and also a great loss to the blogging community. Now we will have to be content reading her old blogs and reminiscing old memories of our interaction with her.
    I join all ilites in praying for her soul's journey to the destination of the LORD wher she will be ever happy and blessing us all from above.
    With Deep Sorrow,
    Malathi

6. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar
    This is what Mithila posted exactly three months back on 8th August 2011:
    My dear friends,
    I am coming here after a long gap. Actually I am not well. I am not able to lift my hands to type, I am not able to walk a few steps without becoming totally breathless and I am not able to speak at all. My DH and I have come back to Chennai.
    Please do pray for me that I should get my energy back, that I should bring some cheer to my dh who is valiantly managing the home. I don't want riches, I want my energy, to be able to be in touch with all of you, to be able to talk to my husband and wish him 'good morning at least. Please do pray for me.
    love
    mithila

The moment she got back a little of her strength, she posted a thread with an ominous title ‘Has Romance gone out of our lives?’ on 22nd August. She had concluded this wonderful thread with the words:
    ‘What is going to happen in future, will things deteriorate further?
    Romance, my good old friend! Where are you? Are you hiding behind the beautiful full moon? Have you found a cozy place in the horizon where the earth and the sea meet? Are you angry with us human beings for sullying your name in the name of love? Tell me. Whatever it is please do come back to us. I want my grandchildren to know and feel the excitement of their teen years when the innocent, fragrant romance will come into their lives like rainbows. So, please do come back to us, forgiving us for our follies in not giving you your rightful place in our lives.’

Can you believe that someone who had death staring at her could be so romantic in her heart unmindful of her failing health? I look at her picture. The chubby beaming face is so full of life! Does it look like a face that will soon be lifeless? I slowly realise that Death is not the same for all. In rare cases, it strikes a few without taking their lives. It lets them live forever in our memories.

I recall Khalil Gibran:
    For what is it to die but to stand naked in the wind and to melt into the sun?

And what is to cease breathing, but to free the breath from its restless tides, that it may rise and expand and seek God unencumbered?

Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing.

And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb.

And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance.
    Sri

7. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir,
    You have paid a fitting tribute to MK. Lalitha and I travelled almost out of the city to see her during December 2010. She was hooked to oxygen. And yet the tube was long enough to allow moving space for her. She was talking about so many things. That lady had tremendous energy in her. She wanted to share so many things. She had an everlasting fountain of small but touching incidents that happened in her life and those of her friends and relatives.
    It's a paradoxical thought. But I could not help it. If only Mythili were to read the beautiful tribute you paid her.. . if only wishes were horses.. ..
    I was talking to her daughter today. They are planning to bring out her writings in the form of a book. This romantic lady has written almost about everything in life. I am eagerly waiting for the book.
    thanks once again,
    sridhar

8. kavithavel

kavithavel Senior IL'ite

Death is something that all of us know is going to occur to everyone oneday. Yet it is not easy to take the pain of loss..I still remember appa, I wanted to make it with you and akka to meet her, though I was less known to her,but situations didn't permit..but the write up that you gave after the visit fullfilled my wish of meeting her in person. You had well described her and her writings.

May lord give her family enough strength to bear her loss.

With you in all your prayers for the great writer.

Kavitha.

9. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    it is really unfortunate and sad that our dear MK (I address her this way) left this world to be with the Almighty. I cannot say that I was very close to her but I used to chat with her in her posts. Her posts were always so genuine and down to earth, it was like speaking with a favorite aunt. She was a great contributer to IL, no doubt. I knew that she was not at all oing well but kept on posting and replying without fail. As you have said, it is very difficult to console her family and her DH. I pray to the Almighty to rest her soul in peace. I offer my heartfelt condolences to Mr.LN and the family and also to us ILiites.

10. vashini

vashini Bronze IL'ite

MY heartfelt condolences to her family and friends. May her soul rest in peace....