Our Daily Dose of Coffee /Chat in UAE - drop by for a chat and stay awhile everyday

Discussion in 'Indians in UAE' started by Preethi Patnaik, May 13, 2008.

1. Preethi Patnaik

Preethi Patnaik New IL'ite

Computer Typing Dear Friends

Opening up this new thread as i have been looking at the lovely threads started in Dubai, Abudhabi,Sharjah, RasalKhaimah etc and was amazed to see so many like minded friends we would never have met otherwise.

I would like this thread to be a meeting ground for all of us to stop by everyday and share our day in the UAE as a whole. That way we would know each other whereever we are in the UAE and build a stronger network of friends.

Welcoming everyone in all the threads to drop by and add your daily thoughts just about anything and everything that you are thinking of on any particular day.

Looking forward to our virtual coffee shop taking off

the cushions and steaming coffee :coffee are around do drop in ladies and when ever you are in dubai you know where to come :)

best wishes
    preethi

Last edited: May 13, 2008

2. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Re: Our Daily Dose of Coffee /Chat in UAE - drop by for a chat and stay awhile everyd

Dear Preethi,
    You are a bundle of ideas..Good luck
    Regards
    USHA

3. Preethi Patnaik

Re: Our Daily Dose of Coffee /Chat in UAE - drop by for a chat and stay awhile everyd

Dear Usha,
    Thanks for ur wonderful words, all of you are so inspiring :). Its a whole new world out here.
    preethi

4. jezz_nish

jezz_nish Senior IL'ite

hi preethi
    so nice of u to start such a thread,its a great idea,we can know ladies all round UAE easily thru this,its going to be great fun for sure.

few of us at abu dhabi are meeting on this thrusday,its our first meet so all u ladies wish us good luck.will let u know what happens.

take care
    jess

5. babita_sn

babita_sn Bronze IL'ite

Hi preethi,

I did not the get idea of ur concept(Tubelight...........myself).Can u just brief me.It's really looking interesting.

Babita

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  6. Preethi Patnaik

Hi Jess

This is lovely how is your Abu Dhabi meet shaping up? Wishing you all have a great time together too. Yes it would be simply cool to meet up with everyone around the UAE here. After all we are all just a hop skip and jump away.

So how long have you been in Abu Dhabi? I have only visited Abu Dhabi thrice Do you come to Dubai?

take care
    preethi

7. Preethi Patnaik

Hi Babita,

This thread i started so that we can all interact daily on just any topic. Just a place where we can all say hi to each other and talk about anything that interests us. Also its like a common thread for all of us in the UAE to meet and chat as there are so many wonderful ladies from Sharjah and Abu Dhabi too that are active in IL and i thought it would be wonderful to have some place on the vast IL site where we can all interact locally tooo.

Just like dropping in for a coffee/ tea and a chat only this is virtual :).

So howz your morning been like today? Its really getting hot now a days with the summer setting in. Are you planning to go to India during the summer vacations?
    Me i have not decided as yet though.

take care and keep posting
    preethi

8. swanu

swanu New IL'ite

hi

i am new on il.i live in dubai.
    please guide me how and from where to start.

regards

anu

9. babita_sn

babita_sn Bronze IL'ite

Hi Preethi !!!

It's really good idea.What better way to start a day?

My Mornings are busy as my 2 yaer old goes to nursery at around 8 and 9 Dh goes.Only after he leaves i start my daily routine claning,cooking etc,etc.That's my morning routine.Everytime i think of taking up some hobby clasees.But as we are based in Naif Rd,Deira j,I do not have any idea from where to start.Hope some of lovely IL help me out.

BTW what's ur routine like? U too are a stay at home with a little cutie.Enjoy running behind her the whole day.

About going to India,I go every 2 to 3 months as Daddy is alone over there after Sis got married last year.He wants to see his grand daughter every now then.I cam back in Feb this year after 2 months in Mumbai.Dad also came with me and stay for 15 days.Now we are planning to go in Oct-Nov time.From next time maybe once my daughter joins school,it will be July-Aug Vacaction.

All geared for the meet on 16th>enjoy the meet.Hope to make it for the next meet.

I thought i will give a short reply,but everytime i end up writing a long mail.

Take care.

Babita

10. Preethi Patnaik

Dear Anu,
    hi and welcome, I too took sometime to really get around Indus Ladies. I am still discovering new sides to this great site. Here is a lovely writeup by Preethi in Doha that will help you get started and find your way around.Newcomer Tips and also Site Help / FAQs - IndusLadies
    So we will be seeing you on the 16th
    best wishes
    preethi

Last edited: May 14, 2008