Orphanages in Trivandrum district

Discussion in 'Trivandrum' started by mith101, Feb 14, 2010.

1. mith101

mith101 New IL'ite

Hi friends,

This is my first post in IndusLadies. Can u please suggest the name of an orphanage in or around Trivandrum City, especially one which does not have any foreign funding, and struggles to meet the needs of the inhabitants, so that I can help them out. Also i would like to sponsor a child. Please help me out.....

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
    1 person likes this.

2. jaisapmm

jaisapmm Silver IL'ite

Good

Why do not you sponsor in your relative side Child Looks like very poor family

If we help every one our family /relatives No orphanage in our country

Just i saying

If I hurt u r heart

Sorry

Regards
    Jai

3. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Mith,

I am from Trivandrum, and try to share what little, my family can. From what I understand, most institutions (govt or private) have some funding or restricted funding. And more importantly, I go by how the institution uses what is offered. Many have chotta political parties controlling funds and stuff that come in. Many institutions in TVM are so heavily sponsored that, one feels embarassed offering anything.

I try to help the orphange attached to the Amma Thottil in the Child Welfare Centre in Thycaud.They get very paltry funding per child. per day from the central government. More than that, they use the help very carefully and care for the children like their own.

They usually need new white dhotis(otta mundu) to line the beds at night, since children wet them. These can be cleaned easily. Other things they need are formula feed,vitamin and antibiotic drops. My husband has been buying these for some time now. Please do not buy stuffed dolls or clothes unless they specifically ask.

Jaisapmm- Interesting take on sponsoring a person in the family to avoid orphanages in the country. So many different ways to articulate our minds and thoughts---- . May the sun shine on all of us, forever and a day more.

2 people like this.
  4. mith101

mith101 New IL'ite

Thank you Vidya24 for ur suggestion.

5. mith101

mith101 New IL'ite

Orphanages in Trivandrum

Hi friends,

Can u please suggest the name of an orphanage in or around Trivandrum City, especially one which does not have any foreign funding, and struggles to meet the needs of the inhabitants, so that I can help them out. Also i would like to sponsor a child. Please help me out.....

6. pillay13

pillay13 New IL'ite

Hi Vidhya, Am new to this forum. May I have some details of this organisation Amma Thottil? Hope to be of some help.

Thanks.

7. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Sir,

You can try contacting the Child Welfare Centre in Thycaud. The Amma Thottil is the electronic cradle, where mothers choose to leave their babies, entrusting them to care of the Child Welfare Centre. The Centre hardle gets Rs14 per day per child from the central government, so any help offered is most welcome.

1 person likes this.
  8. itsajan

itsajan New IL'ite

vidhya

is it possible to find and donate througth online for Amma thottil. please let me know