Orphanages and Charitable Institutes in Kolkata! Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'North Eastern and Eastern States' started by mousumi4ever, Feb 12, 2009.

1. mousumi4ever

mousumi4ever New IL'ite

Hey Girls, One of my friends has come to Kolkata from U.S. She'll be staying here for few months before returning. She is desperate to volunteer in some charitable institute. She loves kids and strangely all kids flock to her. If anyone of you know any such orphanages or charitable institutes, then please let me know about it at the earliest.

Take care, Mousumi.

2. Rajeswari Ashok

Rajeswari Ashok Bronze IL'ite

Hi Mousumi,
    I am connected to the kind of orphange. But, we do not use orphanage rather we use the word "destitue" as orphan is a harsh word and i do believe that no one on this earth is orphan. Our children are some of them are without parents, few of them with either father or mother . You kindly let me know what kind of interest the US lady has, then i will provide you all the details.
    Take care and do write
    Rajeswari Ashok

3. meVaidehi

meVaidehi Platinum IL'ite

Hi,
    Your friend can visit the government observation home for girls or boys. Crawl society in Kolkata also works for children and women empowerment.

4. aparnamukherjee

aparnamukherjee New IL'ite

I know of one child care institute which takes volunteers. Its name is CINI Asha. It is in 63, Rafi Ahmed Kidwai Rd. You can contact them through their phone number 033 4005 8920/21/99 or mail them at ciniasa@vsnl.com.
    I hope this will be of some help for your friend.
    Bye, Aaprna.

5. mayachaudhuri

mayachaudhuri Senior IL'ite

Hello Ramkrishna Mission has a school for destitutes . your friend could help nout there. There is an NGO CINI ASHA and also Bharat Sevasram which also helps a lot of people .It is very kind of your friend to do such a great work!!

6. mousumi4ever

mousumi4ever New IL'ite

Hello Friends, Thanks a lot for your replies. It was so nice of all of you.

Rajeswari, my friend would really be interested to volunteer in-house activities. I don't think she'd be able to go for outdoor activities as she's carrying. She also has a diploma and experience in web-designing. I don't know whether its relevant out here but she can also volunteer in building a website for the institue or something like that.

Vaidehi, can you plz give me a contact number of Crawl society.

Maya, I'll give a call to CINI-Asha on Monday and let you know what the say. Thanks a lot for your kind reference. There are a number of Ramkrishna Missions... (Rahara, Baranagar, Goal Park) Which one do you think I should call?

Once again... It was so nice to hear from you all.
    Thanks a lot. Bye... Mousumi
    :thankyou2: