1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Opportunities are like sunrises, if you wait too long, you can miss them

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Nov 20, 2013.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

When you arise in the morning, think of what is precious it is to be alive, to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love and to achieve success. Its a nice way to begin our morning with fresh flowers which are waiting to disturb us, hot coffee waiting to taste our lips. Sun , birds, cool air all are looking at our window to say Good Morning. Every interaction is an opportunity to learn, only if, we are interested in improving than proving.

Every day I learn something either with my experience or from youngsters.I think youngsters are more matured than us because of modern technology . I think my own children and also virtual children know about me more than me. I am always in extremes. If someone appreciates or makes me happy I am in seventh heaven and dont know what I am doing and when I am sad or unhappy with something I feel very low. I know I should not be very happy or very sad but what to do its in my blood and difficult to change.

Yesterday when I was seeing two serials in Sun TV one is Pasa Malar and another Vani Rani I felt very emotional thinking of my brothers and sister who shower love on me I being the fourth child to my parents. They have always fulfilled my wishes when I was a teenager. Thats why when I expect something and dont get I feel disappointed. In Vani Rani , Rani is very simple and when Vani Rani's problem she was also in seventh heaven and seeing that I dont know why but I got very emotional and cried to my heart's content. I dont know whether because of taking out all my emotions, I am feeling very fresh today and that is shown on my face.

All these days I was feeling happy after retirement but of late I feel that retirement should not at sixty but till we feel like working. For working people sitting at home is very difficult especially after children get married and are well settled. Earlier years of retirement was good as I was busy with their marriage . While working dont know how the time passes and we meet so many people and get to know so many things. Also everyday can wear different kind of sarees as I am a saree lover.
    :)Now dont get much chance to wear them as everyday I dont go out.

Now I am waiting for retirement from life but that is not in our hands. Just like we can retire from job when we want as now a days VRS can be taken when we want, we should also have a choice when we want to retire from life. So that when we get bored of life then can retire from life too.

3 people like this.

2. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

Vijima,

I dont want to see the last para again, and uncomfortable to see those words from you.

Started the day with good thoughts, thanks for pouring here. Will try to keep in mind :)

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

mademydaysmiley with your first fb Rachaputi dear, thank you so much. What to do the state ofmind in which I am now made me write that. Glad to see your concern about me. Glad you liked the post without last para :)

4. adinil

adinil Silver IL'ite

nice one viji maa

1 person likes this.
  5. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Sister Viji,

Your quote above if it happens the universe will go Topsy turvy, I am sure the Almighty will not be so generous enough to grant us the opportunity of deciding when to be enter and when to exit. Even in that matter of our own children, we don't get the opportunity to decide when our child should be conceived, these are certain things still under purview of the Divine World's committee, It is quite hurting to hear such lines from you. I know you also have positives and the other way too when life is boring...

Though I have not seen you, neither talked over phone, nor exchanged Pms/mails/Visit I do pretty well know about you, of how you started your life in Bombay with your parents/Siblings, how you went through school education interrupted in between, how your Gujarathi friend helped you and still closer to you, How you husband had Wednesday holidays and you had weekend holiday and met only on National Holidays (These days it would lead to divorce Ha Haa..)

How you rose in positions in your working career, how you got your children married and settled them in life, how you still care of Mr. Iyer and of course friends/ IL Daughters/Sisters/Annas being in touch.

One taste of life you have NOT enjoyed which is the spiritual path, I know you are god fearing but that is totally different from being in the Guru's fold, Just try to learn the essence of life which will fetch you a great bliss and will not like to choose to retire, Many don't understand the purpose of life, there is much more than growing up from Childhood, Adolescence, Retired life and what not in between creating physical assets, being good to fellow beings. We don't really have time to think for what we have been Blessed in this Mother Earth for...

It is never late to learn anything, may be that is an idea of pulling you with this post and it was posted by you and I have replied in length which I have never done for your post. Sorry I didn't mean to hurt you, but just penned my thoughts as I felt hurt reading your last paragraph as if my mother has told me these... to be frank my eyes were wet through out typing the reply. In fact after previewing my post, thought should I really post it, But I will...

May Baba guide you always, Sairam

1 person likes this.
  6. lucky22

lucky22 Gold IL'ite

Vijima...howmuch ever modern technology improves us youngsters in terms of advancing and maturity levels, we can never ever attain as much experience as elder generation. You have always been an inspiration here on IL with your experience and energy levels. We cannot match you even in another 50 years.

Amma...my humble request, please do not say such words again. We all love you and would like to see you happy, energetic and enthusiastic as you always are :)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Adithi dear thanks for your visit and appreciation

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sai dear I know almighty will not grant such a wish but I felt like that so wrote. Sorry if I have hurt you by writing that. These days I am so lost that I dont know what I am doing, what I am writing. Thank you for guiding me to take the spiritual path

I might not be doing parayan like you all but do pooja everyday. On Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday I do archana. Go to temples on Tuesday and Saturday and whenever possible go for Narayaneeyam etc. I like to attend bhajans, ayyappa pooja etc. Sorry if I have written anything wrong

It made me write that para because of seeing my close people suffering. My brother in law is having health problem and he is 81 yrs old , seeing him suffering at this age I feel very bad. Also recently both my brother and sis in law who are also above 80 were in hospital. In my dh's family three, four people have died leaving the children when they wer ein 50s. My co sis in law died of depressing and when she died she did not recognise anyone.

I know being in the spiritual path you will forget everything but what I wanted to is to leave this world when I am in good health, so that I wont be a burden to others.

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Lucky dear when you come to my age you will also have experience more than me and everyone will be admiring you and getting inspired by you, but sad that at that time I wont be there to appreciate you. Anyway I will pray to God that you should go high up and get appreciation from everyone and others should be inspired by you.

Lucky dear what to do at times because of my problems I lose my patience and dont feel like living in this world, though with the love and affection I forget my worries and get some encouragement. Dont worry dear hereafterwards I wont say such words. Thanks for the love and affection and mademydaysmiley with your loving message.Thanks a lot

10. happyperson

happyperson Gold IL'ite

take care of yourself aunty...i m a silent reader of your post...dont want to see you down...we need positive energy from you....

1 person likes this.