1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Opk Tests Shows Positive For More Than 5 Days

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Benitapaul, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Benitapaul

Benitapaul Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I am new to using OPKs and started using it after my gynecologist suggestion. We have been trying for a baby since a year now. Last month, the OPk showed positive/ peak only on two days and faint lines were present for a day before and after. I didn't take OPK after those 4 days.

This month, I thought of trying since Day 11 pafter my periods and had some faint lines from Day 13 to 15 and positive/peak lines from Day 16 to 20. On day 21, the test was low and had some very faint line. On Day 22, I got a positive test for OPK in the morning and took again in the evening to verify and it was low. I thought it might be the problem with the test strips. I took today and the tests were again positive and it's in peak. I took another one and still it's positive and dark.

I am not sure what's going on ? Has anyone experienced this situation before and could share some advice pls. I have 30 to 34 days cycle and there are no other symptoms. I don't have PCOS problem since I read online it could happen for women with pcos. Please suggest. Thanks.

2. deepthivinayak1

deepthivinayak1 Gold IL'ite

Sometimes opk strips shows line if u r pregnant too. When I was trying , I used opk strip to calculate ovulation time . After ovulation, when it is near to period time. Thinking I am using pregnancy strip, I used opk strip to check pregnancy. It came positive. I have read online sometime opk show line when HSG is more. Take pregnancy test and see. All the best.

Benitapaul likes this.
  3. Benitapaul

Benitapaul Silver IL'ite

My period should start by 26th as per prediction. I am afraid to take HPT due to BFN in the past :( I will wait for few days and take the test to check :) Hope your words come true !

4. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Op,
    I would also suggest the same as previous comment..try taking hpt. All the best.

Benitapaul likes this.
  5. bron

bron Silver IL'ite

Hi..if u r nearing ur period date and getting continous positives in opk then there is a chance that u r pregnant this month..coz i got smiley in clearblue digital ovulation continously every day when i checked ..i got positive ovulation smiley on 14th day itself but i checked from 25th day again in opk and i got postive smiley every day..i checked with pregnancy kit on 38th day and got bfp :)

Benitapaul likes this.
  6. Benitapaul

Benitapaul Silver IL'ite

Thank you :) My period should start by 26th this month. Will check the opk and see .

7. Benitapaul

Benitapaul Silver IL'ite

Update : My period was delayed and started this Saturday. I'm not sure why there was multiple positive OPK though. Spoke to my OBGYN and she suggested to take a HSG test as we have been trying for an Year with no luck.