1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Opening a Bank account in Toronto(Canada)

Discussion in 'Indians in Canada' started by haagesummane, Sep 20, 2012.

1. haagesummane

haagesummane Gold IL'ite

It was a pain for me whenever the ICICI bank used to charge me Rs 125 for every international transaction i do,so my colleague suggested me to open a saving account here in toronto.I have moved to toronto on a work permit from my company.Since my office is located in 200 bay street,there is a TD CANADA TRUST bank at 77 kingston street west,councourse level 1(underground of Royal bank Plaza building).
    I liked the way the bank function here,very cool and calm,without any hurry. There I happen to meet Branch Managers Esta Condello and Michael Capobianco. These officers are soft spoken with their charming personality and ready to help attitude.
    They asked me few basic questions,saw my passport,work permit document,entered my details into their system and my account was ready to use in just 30 minutes.. i said WOW..!!!!!
    Along with that they asked me to apply for credit card which i can use for any number of transaction without any transaction fee with the Interest free grace period of 25 days.The saving account is limited with only 25 transactions per month which is not a worry factor as i will be using it only to pay the credit card bill.
    Below are the features of the account(value plus account)
    Monthly fee for credit card account : Nil
    Monthly fee for saving accounts : free for first 3months, will be charged with $10.95 pm there after
    Waiver on monthly fee for saving acc : yes for students(check with bank),concession for senior citizens,for others need to maintain an amount of $2500 every month(it is good to maintain that money only
    if u r planning for a long term stay)
    Credit card limit for this account : $1000

I came out of the bank as happy customer,thanks to Michael and Esta..!!!:cheers:thumbsup

P.S : I gave out this info as it might be helpful for someone,if found inappropriate,moderators can delete it.

1 person likes this.

2. Gopvan

Gopvan Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    So thoughtful of you to give all the details. My friend is moving to canada next month, it will be very helpful for her.
    Thanks.
    Vandana.

3. haagesummane

haagesummane Gold IL'ite

no worries vandanaji..

ask ur friend to carry the some canadian dollars before leaving India to use it in case of emergency. May be some 100 or 200 CAD.