1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Open Letter From A Mother

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jayasala42, Jun 17, 2016.

1. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

2. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

1, 2, 3 and now this is the 4th response I have given. But no response from the OP.

Am I to get emotional and get upset like the mom that could have supposedly written the letter? That's one way of reacting for having been ignored.

Another reaction could be ignoring the fact of being ignored.

It's up to the individual to choose, the one that would add stress and weaken or take it in a positive stride and move along happily.

Just linking this response to the scene created by the mom. Am happy that I could exercise my freedom of speech and understand that they weren't worthy a response. Happy and sanity prevails.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
    Arunarc, vaidehi71, kaniths and 3 others like this.
  3. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear GG,
    Thank you for the wonderful responses.There was some problem in my PC for the past 3 days.I tried to respond to almost all the friends through Android phone -which I have never handled.It is definitely a lapse, if I have not responded to you.I am already 74 and I may be kindly excused for the lapse committed by a senior citizen.Coming to the response you have said that the mother would have talked to someone.This she could have done calmly with her children.Old age attitudes are difficult to be explained and the erratic behaviour also is one such natural symptom.

The five sensed creatures ,by nature gets relieved of their emotional bondage very soon and is not a bond lasting for 50-60 long years.The longer the bond, stronger it is wired by emotive springs and if even a small spring gets loosened,tension is severe.

I wonder anyone can escape from this guilt or complain unless we know how to ignore without hurting other's sentiments.
    Once gain I wish to aplogise for my lapse in not responding to you.

Since the subject matter attaracted many kinds of long responses,each one a precious article in itself,I got confused with my android exhibits which very often slipped into some mode which I could not understand.However lapse is a lapse.

Jayasala 42

satchitananda, joylokhi and vaidehi71 like this.