1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Open Door Policy Of Gods

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by HariLakhera, Feb 7, 2021.

1. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

OPEN DOOR POLICY OF GODS

Garib Navaz Ajmer Sarrif, in Ajmer, Rajasthan, is the refuse of all and sundry without any distinction of gender, caste, creed, color or profession or nationality. When in election mode, hundreds of Pakistanis would be leaders and politicians visit Ajmer to seek Garib Navaz’s blessings. As per paper reports, political outfits including terrorist groups seek the blessings in person or by proxy. Ajmer Sarrif does not differentiate between a terrorist or a common man. All are seen as equals. Similarly, everybody is welcome in Golden Temple, Amritsar, Churches, and many other religious shrines

Thousands of people visit religious shrines all over the world and seek blessings from the presiding deity. The Deity as such does not distinguish based on caste, creed, color or profession but the people who manage some of these shrines very often put some conditions. In some shrines, there is a dress code like in Padmanabha Temple in Thiruvananthapuram. Foreigners are not allowed in Jagannath Puri. Women are not allowed in Sabri Malai. Women are not allowed to enter inside many Muslim shrines including Nizamuddin.

If God and Goddesses have an open door policy why their agents force some absurd rules?.

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

I wonder what God does when a Pakastani politician comes and prays that he should win and his opponent comes and prays the same. The real God - the Aam Janata - in this case can be more critical and afford to satisfy one party and throw out the other, but what would the Real God do, if all are his children?

As for women not being allowed inside many shrines, I suspect the men who dominate know what the women would pray for and are afraid that God would listen to the women. What would these helpless men who dominate only by unfair means do then?

3. HariLakhera

Even Indian politicians seek the blessings of the Almighty by visiting all the temples, masjids and other religious places.
    I think age old traditions have very deep roots and no one has the answer.

satchitananda likes this.
  4. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

For any God to accept the entreaties of any devotee, the devotee has to have deivanugraha !
    Winning or losing comes from the stage at which that person is on "the Karma timeline"! And whether he/she deserves the deivanugraha to win bypassing the "karma timeline"!

Then, whether the person goes to this temple or that place of worship - it does not matter!

I am not getting into an argument of whys and wherefores of the temple/mosque entry conditions - each prayer house have their own rules and we need to respect them. It is not any Government park or public transport that anyone can get into. It is the house of God!

Your point that Gods don't differentiate between a terrorist and a politician and a common man - I would like to relate a story here.

Let us not discuss whether true or not! Let us just learn the lesson from this.

After the Mahabharata war, Dhritarashtra asked Maharishi Vedvyasa - "Why did I have to lose ALL my sons?"

Shri Vedvyasa replied - "50 births ago, you were a hunter, you threw a net on a tree with 100s of nests and set fire to the tree, all the baby birds perished in the fire. Karma always hits back"

Dhritarashtra asked - "But why did I receive this punishment after 50 births?"

Vedvyasa replied with a smile - "But you had to earn enough merit to GET a 100 sons, you used 50 births to earn that merit"

Every person's journey towards Moksha is different - and their timelines are their own!

And every person ONLY gets what they deserve ! We are just instruments - निमित्त मात्रं

We ONLY have a choice to do what we do NOW. We have a choice to LIVE CORRECTLY at the PRESENT MOMENT.
    Nothing else under our control.

Keep smiling
    HR

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
  5. HariLakhera

It is a subject, many would like to speak but refrain for one reason or the other. Yes, every one can visit any temple, all are same, as far as faith is concerned. There is no need to visit a temple also. God is present everywhere.
    There might have been times when Kings had their own temple reserved for family only.
    We can only smile!!!!