1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Only questions - No answers

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by infinitehopes, Mar 31, 2009.

1. infinitehopes

infinitehopes Bronze IL'ite

Think about a situation when you are asked numerous questions and even though you want to answer each one of them, you just cannot...

I have been in multiple such situations called "Dentist's appointment"!

No offence to Dentists - because I know I am able to eat and be healthy only because of them. But Uff... the number of questions they ask, especially when our mouth is tied down and they know we cannot talk Rant. I am like, "Doc, are you expecting an answer? Then let me close my mouth and let me talk".

I don't think the dentist expects any answers to the questions they ask us.

I sometimes wonder if they are taught the trick of asking questions during their curriculum. I have a reason to think so - I think, it is possible that when they ask questions, we try to answer them - even though we know we cannot say a word. That involuntary action may help the muscles in our mouth and ease their job! - See, I have lot of time to think about such theories when I am in the chair and subjected to such rapid fire question session :)

The typical questions they would ask
    - How is your job doing?
    (In my mind) Ummm.. well.. I can call it good - as compared to lot of others. But you know I don't like the way they are taking away so many of our facilities in the name of economic crisis.
    Its a different story that I hate my boss - but still job is ok. There is this new co-worker who is acting really smart...wait doc.. I am not yet finished.. I have lot to tell you about my work.. wait pl..

- IT seems to be just booming. Do you think this boom will continue?
    (In my mind) Its the most difficult question. I think it will, or may be what I think is it should.. Wait... let me answer it completely.. you are asking the next question before that. Waittttttttttttt..

- Do you have to travel often?
    (In my mind) It used to be quite frequent. But now... Doc, waittttttttt.. I wan to tell you more about the travel related to work. Listen to me. Doc, please listen to me. I have nothing else to do but just answer your question. Please please..

- How was the tooth we treated last time? Did it hurt?
    (In my mind) Now you have to listen to me. Its related to your job. I want to give you a feedback. You should measure customer satisfaction index. Waittt.. listen to me.. don't move on to next question. I am not yet done answering this. I have to tell you that the tooth... waittttttttttt..
    and so on...

I WANT to answer all these questions. Then I decide that I will give answers to all when I can close my mouth. But by that time, the Doc forgets all the questions and looks at us as if we are the "idiot box" talking when he doesn't want to hear anything.

So much so about my Dentist's appointments.. I am dreading the next one :) How about yours?

2. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Dear IH,

Glad to see that Iam the first person to enter a fb for this blog!

I will jump into the scene if the topic is related to a dentist!

I have two valid reasons to justify.

1.I wanted to be a dentist and I got a nice offer to study dental sciences.Somehow I was not able to do that and had to take up Engineering.Hence dental studies is my long term love:crazy

2.My dentist :-D.Such a fun loving person and a lovable female.She treats me like her daughter.I would also treat her like my mother.I need a separate blog space to write about her.

Sorry for deviating from the topic.

She would ask some basic and needed questions during her cleaning/polishing activities and she would immediately ask me to remain silent since she knows my basic habit of non stop talking :exactly:

Thanks for making me to think about a wonderful lady!:welcome

3. infinitehopes

Dear RG,
    Thank you for your f/b and its my pleasure that I helped you remember someone whom you are fond of!

My dentist is also very nice person, very interesting, well read, globe trotter and so on. So I always enjoy talking with him - when I am not ON the chair! But his questions continue even when he knows I cannot talk. And he is actually so mischeaveous - that at times he does it on purpose and teases me - saying that I am going to ask a very interesting question when I know you cannot answer :)

4. infinitehopes

Dear RG,
    Apparently you are the only person to share your feedback. I did expect some dentist's stories from ILites, but looks like there are not many.

5. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Hey IH,

I was expecting some interesting stories from Preethi from a dentist point of view.:)

But she has explained everything in her blog.:idea