Online Tickets To India

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Laks09, Jan 6, 2017.

1. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

I was kidding :) hope you get good rates with tickets and have a joyous and safe journey !

Laks09 likes this.
  2. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Laks,

If you can fly via Doha, Qatar seems to have better rates compared to Emirates or even British Airways! This is based on recent experience where bookings were done for flying out the same day, in 2 days, etc.

1st option - book online in Qatar website directly
    2nd option - try calling Qatar local customer support and say the best price you are seeing and ask if they have any better prices, if you are lucky they will give you from the last minute cancellations
    3rd option - for atleast a week later travel dates would suggest calling local travel agents

Also, check this out, has a phone verified travel agents list as of 2010, little old but most of them should be in business:
    Planning India Travel? Need Air Tickets / Flights to India? Indian Travel Agents List

Laks09 likes this.
  3. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Op, Make my trip is expensive. You can also look into Cheapoair.com.I book local and international thru them and have gotten good deals. If given a choice b/n airlines, Qatar is the best and very comfortable.Good Luck.

Laks09 likes this.
  4. momsky

momsky Gold IL'ite

Hey @Laks09, Air China is offering $691 roundtrip from Washington to Delhi at the moment. Service is not the greatest but shoud be ok if you're travelling by yourself.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    Laks09 and KashmirFlower like this.
  5. whistle

whistle Silver IL'ite

Not sure where you are traveling to and from, but there was a price alert showing up today on emirates.com ( price slash on most destinations from US )

From Orlando to Chennai it was $930 and Houston to Chennai was $805. This is for departure Jan 23 and return Feb 23

Seems like good prices. Maybe moving your dates a bit might help. Good Luck.

Laks09 likes this.
  6. whistle

whistle Silver IL'ite

Whoops. I changed the date to Jan 9th to Feb 9th and its $1600 from houston to chennai. Making it Jan 16 to Feb 16 is $865. Amazing.

Laks09 likes this.
  7. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I called Qatar and got a good deal for me and the little guy. Leaving today and returning in 15 days. Unfortunately, I fell ill and decided not to go.
    @Induslady - calling the airline was the best option. They gave me a price not listed on their website. Thanks for that tip!