Online Surveys from Home?

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by juhi_sri, May 31, 2005.

1. anupadma

anupadma New IL'ite

hello kajol

oh sure we will be friends.tell me about u.are u working.do u take online surveys.
    yet to get home PC.iam using my husbands laptop.so i get time to mail in night time only.

tell me more about u kajol

2. nikki

nikki New IL'ite

Online Survey

Hi all ,
    i am a new member of this site.I really liked the way of interaction on this site.I just wanted to know that it is legal to do online survey & get paid by paypal on H4 visa.
    Any one tried online survey on H4 visa?Getting money on ur husband's account by paypal would not create any legal problem in future?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2008
  3. juhi_sri

juhi_sri Junior IL'ite

Last edited: Oct 12, 2007
  4. kajolbishnoi

kajolbishnoi New IL'ite

hello nikki

i never tried these online surveys,but my frds told me its totally wastage of time,
    if u want to earn some dollars on h4 status,u can do part time work from home like babysitting,kinder-garten tutions,catering,etc....
    u live in edision,same here,tell me more about u.
    kajol

5. nikki

nikki New IL'ite

Hello Juhi,

Thanks for letting me know that online survey was illegal.
    I was checking the sites & in TERMS it is written that u should be resident of USA.Its not written that u should be citizen of USA. I think u can do it but still not sure.I dont want to do any illegal work even for $1.As I am trying to get a job these days & searching for H1 sponsers.
    Any way its was nice to see ur reply.

Hello Kajol,

I am in North edison and i am an engineer,having two kids( 7 &2 yrs old.).
    Where do u live?
    Its would be nice to know you..

6. kajolbishnoi

kajolbishnoi New IL'ite

hello

hello nikki,
    i live in talmadge villege(north edision),
    i m 24yrs old married lady wid no kids,basically i m from rajasthan(north india)
    i m an artist,i came here in 2004,i m on h4 status.
    i love make frds,wot about u
    thxxxxxxxxx

7. sonal

sonal Junior IL'ite

Need to find an alternative way!

Taking work-at-home surveys and getting paid through your husband's SSN wouldn't work. A H1B visa holder cannot earn income from anyone other than his H1B sponsor company. That rules out you getting paid on his SSN. Even though, I am not exactly sure of the complications this will lead to, we are better off not taking risk in this situation.

Having said that, there are a couple of safe alternatives..
    - Do you have a brother, sister or close relative who is a Green Card holder. Maybe you can get paid through their SSN?
    - Can you do the survey here, but get paid in India?

We have to find creative alternatives if we have to make money as H4. The easiest way out is to just give up in the face of these obstacles.

8. sonal

sonal Junior IL'ite

Respect for your time

Hi Shilpi,

Sorry for the late response. When you get into any work, you will start learning a couple of tricks of the trade that will make you more productive as time goes by. Taking home based surveys is also the same way.

Here is an example. When you get some experience taking home based surveys, you will start respecting your time more than you do now. Initially, I jumped at opportunities that will pay me $10 for an hour long survey. Nowadays, I try to find out the surveys that will pay me the maximum money for the minimum time spent. You will gain that experience with time.

9. saraswatibhat

saraswatibhat Senior IL'ite

query

Hi Shilpi,
    Myself iam sara,From bangalore,India.I would like to know whether u r taking online surveys from India and do such surveys pay us back?Iam a housewife and would like to utilize my free time in a better manner.Hope to get some reply from u soon.
    Bye,
    Regards,
    sara

10. netrarays

netrarays New IL'ite

query about using green card holder brothers ssn to earn money

Hi Sonal,

This is Netra Ray from Atlanta,GA.Can u please explain how we can use green card brother's ssn to get paid.It will be great.

waitng for reply.

Netra

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2008