1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Online shopping sites in US

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by SriPriya123, May 24, 2013.

1. SriPriya123

SriPriya123 Silver IL'ite

Hello friends,

Inspired by so many threads on online cloth shopping sites in india, can you also share the websites that you use for online dress shopping in US.. There are so many advertisements that pop up when you browse, but what is good and what is not?

I've personally never shopped for clothes/shoes online, and hence starting this thread to get some inputs from you ladies on the same.

Thanks!

2. msid

msid Silver IL'ite

i usually buy stuff for my fiancee from macy's ... She always liked those dresses :) ... there is also forever21, jc penney...

3. hermoine

hermoine Silver IL'ite

you can try zulily

4. Cutepavi

Cutepavi Silver IL'ite

I am really tempted by utsav.com and would be really nice to hear If some one has tried it :)

5. Yahooo

Yahooo Silver IL'ite

Dont be tempted by utsav and fall in it.its the worst website.they don't send u what they show.the material will be too cheap,it will tear off very soon.if u out it for washing then do t expect to wear it again,all the color will go off with the water rinsed and u will get a multicolor dress.then once they sent me some cheap dress instead what I ordered and they asked me to send the wrong dress back with my own money and said that they will send me the one that I ordered as soon as they get what I sent them.but after they got it they told me that the dress I ordered is not in stock and that I can order something from expense delivery.that section had some worst clothes.i said I want what I ordered or they should refund my money.i finally got back my money after a lot of headaches and struggle, that too after three to four months.then if u order something they will not say that its not in stock if its not.one person from the customer will say that its shipped, one will say its gone for alteration,the other will say that it will take another 5 to 10 days,and finally u will find the update on the website.then u have fight with them,send emails,chat to get ur money back.this has happened with me in sareez.com too.uf ur ready to go through all this order from utsav.

1 person likes this.
  6. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I have never used any online shops for Indian clothes, but for Western clothing my preferred stores are,

LOFT - for mid-range casual wear
    ANN TAYLOR - for office wear and dresses
    J.Crew - for high-quality casual wear
    Forever 21 - for cheap trendy clothing
    ASOS - great designs but quality is average for the cost
    ZARA - fantastic styling but again quality can be hit or miss; quite pricey for the quality

Anthropologie and ModCloth also have good clothing if you are into bohemian and retro-chic. J.Crew and Ann Taylor would have to be my two favorites. Quality and styling are both great, and they have frequent sales which make the prices much more palatable.

2 people like this.
  7. veronica

veronica Bronze IL'ite

Hey,

I tried vikalpaartsandcrafts.com . they are really cool. went thru a friend of mine. delivery was prompt.

8. wherenext

wherenext Junior IL'ite

I have always preferred buying clothes from shops rather than online and regarding all those pop ups...dont get fooled by them. u can try buying online from Macy's , forever21 and such shops if u know ur correct size. for me I have seen that soemtops a particular size mite fit and for some others i need a different size.

9. OCdesigirl

OCdesigirl Gold IL'ite

I shop on Utsav, cbazaar , and dollyfashions have had very minimal issues.

10. ctmom

ctmom Senior IL'ite

If you are looking for Indian wear, try yankeedesi.