1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Online friendship-how intimate/superficial are they?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by kanaka, Jun 10, 2008.

1. kanaka

kanaka Bronze IL'ite

Jaya says she prefers discussing certain issues on annonimity. The best place for discussing issues which needs confidentiality are the social networks. Cool outlets to talk without any inhibition. No losing temper, throwing tantrums. Level headed discussions- these what jaya feels.But some say the so called bonding is all shallow. Distance makes us safe because of weak connections. You simply write and click the post button. Variety of suggestions,inferences. Are they relevant to the th the problem of an anxious mind?Ask me I would say the reality is somewhere slightly away-as close to your neighbour's door. Both are right. These online conversations has helped me discover women with real capabilities. But I very much doubt our potential to counsell people on crucial and sensitive issues.Yes, perhaps we may open up more- as it was told by someone'bonding is shallow'.We cannot negate the statements of both the category. The question posed by me is are online relations very superficial. Or can they bloom and lead to an eternal bond? Pl. say what you feel. To what extent do we discuss intimate problems on such social forums. kanaka

2. dream.girl

dream.girl Silver IL'ite

Dear Kanaka Mam,

In my view Online discussions really make u lite when u are unable to discuss or explore the things to ur near and dear ones..At the same time it cant be as effective as if u said the same thing to ur close frnd ,it lacks the facial expressions,the touch and a sweet hug...But if u get a good and trust worthy frnds online thn that would be the more or less the same as real,,because I got a good frnd through INDUS and chat daily ,day by day it increases our frndship and we hope on some day we will meet.....

Hugs,
    dg..

3. kanaka

kanaka Bronze IL'ite

Will be gald to meet. Yes you do get genuine people. But genuinity is a very rare commodity.What does Js(city) stands for? kanaka

4. dream.girl

dream.girl Silver IL'ite

Dear Kanaka mam,

True ,getting genuine people on net is more or less its luck and your talent to actually judge them.Hmmmm this topic needs more ideas to come over as it is complicated when it comes to take personally...
    Js doesnt stands for any city its just randomly my fingers typed when indus prompted for city..

Hugs,
    dg.

5. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

Dear Kanaka
    Discussing issues on net annonymiously or with net friends may help in many issues, may be one can find friends but I think that actual friendship is what we devloped in college & school days rest all are family friends or aquintances or net friends.
    On net u can discuss many issues without feeling much exposed as u are not looking in the eyes of other person And u can talk about ur wrongs & rights more openly but overall it is less bonding .
    Regards

6. kanaka

kanaka Bronze IL'ite

DEAR Jayashri,

You said it! Kanaka