1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Online Carnatic vocal and violin classes

Discussion in 'Music and Dance' started by prs, Oct 14, 2010.

1. prs

prs New IL'ite

Namaste All,

When I read topics relating to Music classes, I found that many fellow members are in want of good teachers in their area. Unfortunately most palces in the US do not have ample teachers and that too teachers who can guide their students in proper path.

I am a professional musician( Vocalist and violinist) and have been exposed to this field for more than 20 years now. We have recently moved into US and I am planning to offer music classes from this Vijayadashami both private and online classes. I have had the experience of teaching many a students online as well as private.

Those of you who want to know about the Divine music of India are welcome to contact me. Music theory is also taught as it gives a strong foundation. You are also welcome to pose any doubts or discussions on Indian carnatic music and I will be happy to share my knowledge with you.

Hope you have a great musical journey!!

Regards
    Prs

2. sujijag

sujijag New IL'ite

thats very nice to hear would like to know about ur online class..and my best wishes to you....

3. prs

prs New IL'ite

Hello 'Sujijag',

Thanks for your wishes. I take online classes through Skype or GTalk. It is quite effective as I am already doing it for many music aspirants.

Best wishes
    Prs

4. arthi130601

arthi130601 New IL'ite

Hello,

My daughter has learnt violin upto an intermediate level. We couldn't find a good teacher after her previous teacher moved to India.

Please give me some details about the classes

5. prs

prs New IL'ite

Hi Arthi,

Nice to know that your daughter is interested in Violin. As I had mentioned in my previous message, I live in NJ and am offering vocal as well as violin classes. I have been performing regularly in all major sabhas throughout India and US with top grade vocal artistes like Sudha Raghunathan, Jayashre, Sudha Raghuanathan, Unnikrishnan, Visakha Hari as a violinist to name a few.

I have been teaching students from various parts of US through online classes. How long has your daughter been learning violin? Is she continuing her practice still? Please ask her to practice daily as what happens with most kids is they start going for violin classes with full enthusiasm, and as soon as they enter gamaka exercises, they find it difficult to practice and stop abruptly. As you know there is always a high demand and shortage of good violinists in todays concert scene. Since your daughter has reached intermediate level as you say, it's much easier for her to get into the next level now, than starting after a big gap. My sincere opinion is she should not stop it just because you dont find a local teacher there.

Classes are taught in the traditional sampradaya in a disciplined manner regularly. As I have had the opportunity to learn from doyens of Carnatic music scene, I want to carry forward the tradition in its purest form as laid down to me.

Thanks for your enquiries and my best wishes to your daughter.

Regards

6. malaarumugam

malaarumugam New IL'ite

Hi,

I'm interested in learning music through online, please let me know the class schedule and fee detail

7. McQueen

McQueen New IL'ite

Hi Prs,

I am Geetha and live in texas. My daughter has been learning western classical violin for the past 4 years. I want her to learn the carnatic classical music on the violin. I was really happy to see your post that you teach online. Can you give me more details?

thanks

8. prs

prs New IL'ite

Hello Mala and Geetha

Nice to see your posts. I am not sure if the site allows to post contact details. Anyways will give a try! You can reach me at samskrtasangitam at gmail dot com.

Geetha, nice knowing that your daughter has learnt violin for 4 year. Where has she reached now, varnams probably? It would be pleasure to listen to her if I get a chance.

Regards

9. Adimee

Adimee New IL'ite

Can you pls give me your details as I was interested in violin classes for my daughter.

10. srs5

srs5 New IL'ite

Hi,

Are you still taking the online classes? Do you teach adults as well and what is the best way to contact you?