1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Onion Pakora' Paradise Lost

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, Apr 23, 2010.

1. sujathaumakanth

sujathaumakanth Bronze IL'ite

Balajee, your post was quite hilarious to read.......and yeah, you have made me crave for onion pakoras as well :) I totally agree with u on ISKCON temples, they have delicious vegetarian food, even though sometimes it is quite bland here to cater for the Australian taste. Mmm, their desserts.....ah well, time to stop dwelling on that and cook some real food now :)

Have a nice day,
    Sujatha

2. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Say about onions and the next moment my eyes well up, every weekends I start the day shedding tears. I now take peeling onion as a kind of cleansing act for my eyes.

I cant imagine a life without onions and garlic and yeah I agree with your ISCKON concept hotel with a temple, though I havenot been there I have been to ISKCON bangalore and what I felt is a mall with temple(NOM).

Your post was so crisp(and hilariuos) as pakoras and now I have someone to blame for taking pakoras with today's tea and thus making me increase me calorie intake:biglaugh

3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Sujatha, ISKCOn temples have great veg food and you cant go wrong if you stick to Indian dishes. But when they attempt onion and garlic free versions of chinese or western dishes they go wrong. Their sweet shop in Delhi sells authentic Mathura pedas, something to die for..

4. Aarthibhuvan

Aarthibhuvan Senior IL'ite

Too good Balajee. I could not control my laughter. Enjoyed thorougly. You will be remembered whenever i make onion pakoras .

5. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Ami, glad to be of service as a scapegoat for your increased calorie consumption. Every major ISKCON t3mple is a mall with restaurants, bookshops, music shops, pastry shops etc. That it is a temple too is purely incidental.