1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

One thing that you love to do but your DH dreads

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by ShilpaMa, Apr 15, 2010.

1. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Ladies,

Its on a funnier note.. can we pls share what we love to do and our DH dread & vice versa.........

I love visiting jewellery shop and he just sweat and shivers even with the thought :crazy.
    The moment we landed in this city, I took him to one of the lanmark J shop & he was v v silent and sweating.. I took a 3.5K worth pendant and we came out, I asked wht happened... he said during his stay here in earlier job, their friends used to mock.. who has the guts to go inside this shop... and he said the one who gets married & it did come true :biglaugh.....

I love theme parks, sudden plunge & 360 rides and he really dreads the idea.. max he can take a ride is on a toy train which may collapse under his wt :bonk.

I dread climbing down mountains and swimming, I have to hold his back to do either... which he does fearlessly.
    I dread lizards.. which he can toss off whilst he cant stand any other animal & I can really pamper them. Tossing off L is the last option for me if I feel there's no one else and my kids are at danger.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010

2. VLR

VLR Silver IL'ite

This reminds me of a similar incident. Once during thanksgiving shopping, me & dh were in an outlet mall. The mall was very crowded. We saw a shoe outlet Bass from distance. So went towards to that shop. DH was going in front ,entered the shop and I was about to enter. Within a few seconds he came running out of the shop. I was asking him what was wrong..He did not reply and had a strange expression. He was in a hurry to get me out of that place. Then I realized that he had entered Zales , a diamond outlet and the Bass shop was next to this one :rotfl. My dh was so scared to even let me get a sneek peek at the diamond store:biglaugh. Every time we go that mall, I never forget to remind him of that.

Whenever I mention shopping to my DH, he just freaks out..

3. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

Actually my dh loves to shop and splurge big time buying me stuff, so much that I start to sweat the damage it'll do to our bank balance (I'm the frugal one). Guess that must be my accounting instincts kicking in.

As for what my dh doesn't like.... probably watching Dancing with the Stars. :rotflI love that show but whenever I ask him what time it's on, he just looks at me with big eyes that seem to say "Oh no, not again". :bonk

4. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

LOL. That reminds me of my husband! So much so that he has decided to let me go shopping on my own because we invariably come back home fighting for buying something that I feel we absolutely need and he feels is just addition to the already existing junk at home!

One thing that I absolutely love and my husband hates with all his heart is that I really like listening to conservative talk radio while we are driving. He hates it like anything, especially most of the hosts speak with a Texan accent, which also seems to get on his nerves! While me, I don't necessarily agree with what they say, but it is just fun to listen to them and then listen to other conservatives call in and give their opinions.

So it is a constant battle when we are driving someplace when he will want to tune into NPR and I will want to listen to this conservative station. I will win mostly because NPR is limited time broadcast and he will keep accusing me because according to him listening to the conservative talk radio is like watching crappy Sun TV soaps :p

5. BeautifulSoul

BeautifulSoul New IL'ite

I love getting head massage and since I havent found any good salon here, I start bugging him over the weekends.

Oh he would try all his best to avoid it and I have to ultimately corner him by the emotional dialogue "In India I had all the conveniences of pampering myself....

...and then the poor chap gives in :crazy

6. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

No man should ever have to go "shopping just for a little while - konjam neram-la thirumbidalaam" with a woman. EVER AGAIN! Doesn't matter whether it is DW or with mom or sister or cousin(sis)!
    :shaking:

PS: ofcourse dont take this post too seriously, but had to post it neverthless :)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  7. Vidya21

Vidya21 Senior IL'ite

Ha ha! All of these incidents are so funny and sweet! A very sweet thread!

1. Something I love and DH abhors is running or a good workout. He will go to any lengths to avoid a workout and convince me to not do it as well. He is a bad influence on me. :crazy
    2. Something he loves and I abhor is swimming... in his fantasy world, he could happily be a Dolphin or something, and I nearly drowned once in the kiddie pool because out of fear, I forgot that I could swim :hide:.
    3. May I add, something we both love love love is cooking and reading.:cheers.

8. rosegirl

rosegirl Bronze IL'ite

DH dreads when I ask him to watch sitcoms or chick flicks with me. He loves war, suspense and thriller movies which I hate.

He hates if I call him to go for swimming. Since he cant swim and will be flapping here and there.

He dreads to go to MY friends houses since I will be chatting away and will be bored.

He dreads when I pick up the phone, since I will be talking for hours without any matter to report.

9. sita2223

sita2223 Bronze IL'ite

Interesting thread... whats more interesting is I can't come up with anything :confused2: I even asked my DH, he couldn't come up with anything either :crazy

One thing I can say is we dread the same things (exercise, cleaning) :mrgreen:

10. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Haha Sita

That is something my husband and I dread too, cleaning and exercising, though both of us sometimes have these sudden rushed to have a clean house. We start it with all enthu and get tired in between and just leave it!!!! So the house ends up looking messier then it was in the beginning.

Rosegirl,

Watching chic flicks is something my husband absolutely hates as well. Especially I watch 'Sex and the city' and he looks like he's almost about to break the TV when I watch it.