1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

One Step At A Time

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Mar 31, 2023.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sir,

Thanks a lot for the lovely feedback. I developed pneumonia on the last day of the trip on my way back. After that I kept assuming it was allergic and went on my trip to Masinagudi. It was only when even the strongest of anti-allergic tablets did not work, that I went to the pulmonologist. It was just my obstinacy and will power - call it what you will - that dragged me through. I was determined to travel before I become completely incapable of it.

It was very unfortunate that I could not get a ticket for the helicopter. In fact only 2 people out of our group of 16 got it. A couple of them went on horseback and 3-4 of them trekked uphill (22 kms) and back. Since none of these options was suitable of me, I put it off for another time. Those of us who could not make it went to Triyugnath temple where Shiva and Parvati are said to have got married in the presence of Vishnu and Lakshmi. That was also a beautiful place.

Next day everyone climbed up to Tunganath, the highest Shiva temple. I tried, but my legs would not carry me. Another lady with altitude sickness also stayed at the base with me. We walked around enjoying the serene mountains on all sides, sat in a dhaba, chatted and spent the time in a very pleasant mood. Maybe another time if I get the opportunity and my body cooperates.

There is a trip by helicopter being planned to Kedarnath this Sep. Let us see if it works out. Just 4 days after we visited Kedarnath, when we were at Badri, we got the news of the helicopter crash at Kedarnath.

Whenever I get the invitation, I shall go.

Mistt likes this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

That was very much in my mind while responding to your post a while ago. I remembered to hv read that sad tragedy reported in google news and the hindu.
    I was reminded of my experience that rascal rat delayed my showing up late at airport that I missed that noon flight by a whisker. *
    You know what happened later. Sometime Nature for a good measure somehow guard Her beloveds at the right moment in visible or invisible manner.
    * Tight Schedule- Spouse, Rat & 'craft
    You hv filled with more of your tour of kerala . A good read of information. Thanks.
    God Bless.

satchitananda likes this.
  3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Satchi
    Nice to see you getting active in the community again! I hope some of our long lost friends too will start getting visible again one by one. If they do, I too will get more active as in the past. :blush:

4. satchitananda

It is a vicious cycle. People stop coming. So others stop coming. The new comers do not know us or don't relate to us maybe, so responses are very limited. So the interest in posting is less. And the cycle continues. We cannot 'make' the old timers come back. But it will be nice if we could build up new connections and bonds with the newer lot. Please resume your activities here.

5. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Never say die (It doeszn't mean say kick the bucket). Sometimes the spirit can be stronger than the body. Look at all those old guys and ladies trekking up the hill on pilgrimage. When my SIL went to Kedarnath, she walked up the hill, despite a host of ailments besieging her. True you are as old as you believe you are (My wife says sh suspects I consider myself as a teenager. May be she's right.)

satchitananda and Thyagarajan like this.
  6. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Hi Satchi,
    First of all, Congrats to your trip to Badrinath and other beautiful places. I feel happy for you got amazing pics for your 2024 calendar. I enjoyed to read your travelogue and loved your clicks. I have wish to visit all beautiful and historical places in India since college days. It would happen if I live in India but I don’t want to give up my wish and I hope I will fulfill my wish in future.
    I wish you health, more travel, and lovely pics on your way.

satchitananda likes this.
  7. satchitananda

Dear Balajee,

You are right. In this case, the spirit was definitely stronger than all the aches and pains. In fact the sight of pregnant women and old men being supported on both sides by younger people who were coming down the hill was what was the turning point for me - I had sat down for rest and was seriously considering giving up. An elderly couple - French - came by just at that moment and egged us (me and my friend) on.

I won't be surprised if you do consider yourself a teenager. The mind remains sweet 16. It is only the body that acts up from time to time reminding us of 'age'. But it is essential to shut it up from time to time and push one's limits.

Thyagarajan and Mistt like this.
  8. satchitananda

Hey Mistt! So good to see you here. Come on a long holiday and use it to travel around India. Of course it would need many such holidays to do justice to all that is there to be seen here. Thanks a ton for your good wishes.

Thyagarajan and Mistt like this.
  9. satchitananda

I so agree with what your grandmom said. From personal experience, I can only say that no matter how unwelcome, all that has happened in the past has worked out for the best. If I extend the logic, then I can only conclude that what is happening or what happens in the future will also be for the best.

Thyagarajan likes this.