One Paragraph That Explains Life...

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by meenaprakash, Oct 25, 2005.

1. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

Hello Friends,

Here's something interesting to Read.......

Arthur Ashe, the legendary Wimbledon player was dying of CANCER. From world over, he received letters from his fans, one of which conveyed:

"Why does GOD have to select you for such a bad disease"?

To this Arthur Ashe replied:

The world over -- 5 crore children start playing tennis, 50 lakh learn to play tennis, 5 lakh learn professional tennis, 50,000 come to the circuit,5000 reach the grand slam, 50 reach Wimbeldon, 4 to semi final, 2 to thefinals, When I was holding a cup I never asked GOD "Why me?".And today in pain I should not be asking GOD "Why me?"

How True??? when we enjoy success the question of "why me", never occurs to us; we just take it for granted or we feel we are worth it but when sorrow strikes we always feel "WHY ME"????? That one paragraph really explains LIFE.

Happiness keeps us Sweet, Trials keeps us Strong, Sorrow keeps us Human, Failure Keeps us Humble, Success keeps us Glowing,But ONLY God Keeps us Going.....

Let's try and remember this in our life and hope God Keeps us Going..............

2. vishnu vandana

vishnu vandana New IL'ite

That was grt , shall never forget in my life . and will never ever ask god "why me" ?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2005
  3. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

A Wonderful Post, Meena!

Whenever something bad happens we immediately shift the blame to God, stars, neighbours, friend, spouse - the list is endless. When something good happens we lift our heart in pride and say "It's my hard work, you know." "I planned for it from my childhood"
    I almost wept at the great player's statement. Cancer not only gave him pain but gave him a wisdom which no university can give. He was not only a great player but also a great man, a real child of God.
    Thanks meena, for the really wonderful post. Posts like this will touch on the lives of all who read them and change them for ever, for good.
    Good Job, Meena.
    sridhar

4. rathi

rathi Bronze IL'ite

Thoughtful!

Hi Meena,

That was a very thoughtful post. Great.

I was just thinking through about the 'why me?'. It is human to immediately question or sometimes even curse God saying 'why me' when we are in trouble.

But believe me, in contrast to 'why me' in trouble, I always used to think God had been very generous whenever I am rewarded with something that brings joy and happiness. I immediately used to think at that moment, inspite of all the mistakes being done knowing or unknowingly, I seem to have done something good that I am rewarded. I also don't forget to thank God thinking if I don't do at this moment, He is not going to reward me in future for being so much in pride.

Hey...I'm not trying to blow my own trumpet here. But just was thinking about how I react for good, when I read about your 'why me' during the troubled times. So thought of sharing...

Cheers,
    Rathi

5. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Hi Meena,
    That was a very good one. Whenever I feel depressed, I used to
    remember one quote `COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS, INSTEAD OF YOUR
    CURSINGS`. Eventhough it is hard I try to count on my blessings
    (without comparing with others). As Rathi said I thank God for all
    the good things in my life. I also thank God (some times ofcourse,
    not always, to be frank) for troubles also and the lessons I have learned from
    those troubles.

6. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

good response.......

Hello Vishnu, Sridhar, Rathi, Vidhya..............

Glad u guys liked the mail.

I've had a lot of problems in life, I've faced some of the horrid experiences that u read in books and that’s one reason I can relate to others problems as if they were mine. During those worst phase of my life, I've felt depressed, lonely, devastated and shattered at one point but have always looked up to god all that time.... believe me, he'll never let u down; never, ever; and today I'm a content & happy female again thanx to God.....

I feel each one of our spirit chose a path b4 entering this world and whatever we do we’ve to go thru that path and finish our tenure here in this world.... We are not fools to select a worst path - maybe we selected the best out of the options and there we go...... and I feel there's a purpose behind each and evry thing that happens here, some relate to u personally some don't, but the truth is every action has some meaning and purpose........ Which only the person above us (GOD) would know........

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]-->

Though I never thought, WHYME???, during the worst phase of my life, I had my own way of getting out of it……….

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]-->

But when I read the paragraph that I posted, I felt that was a perfect explanation of life.

I’m happy u guys liked the mail.

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->