One of my colleague is back of me intending to get me married.

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by shilpapriya, Mar 13, 2008.

1. shilpapriya

shilpapriya New IL'ite

I'm in great trouble.
    One of my colleague is back of me intending to get me married.
    Firstly our our interaction started with somef rendly conversation discussing about subject , office things, but he slowly started showing intrest in me calling to my mobile. Now he is daily pinging me mails threatening mails for rejecting his marriage offer.

Honestly, by heart i dont have any feeling for him, As a general Human being he is not at all worth enough for me, he is vey lazy guy, work escaper in office too.He is surving in the company by only mercy of superiors.I'm great trouble i cant even say to my parents co colleagues I fear i may spoil my image in my work place.
    I love my job, my profession, since childhood i had dream to be succesfull in career .I have my resposibilities at home.

This good for nothing fellow is troubling me mentally sending me mails SMS .
    Plz tell me how to deal this situation.

Regards
    Shilpa Priya.

2. sugarnspice

sugarnspice Bronze IL'ite

Good God Shilpa!
    I can't believe that you are taking this so lightly and think that somehow you will be blamed for the situation.
    You have the smses as proof, go to your superior and if you do not get the required action, go to the human resources department and get them to take action, go to the police, go to your parents, this is harassment and abuse and should not be tolerated at any cost.
    you will not be spoiling your image, instead you may be saving future victims of this person!

3. hollyhock

hollyhock New IL'ite

Hi Silpa,

why do u think that complaining on such senseless people will spoil your image?May be some of your other female colleagues also should have had some bad image about this person but are calm like you.Just talk to your intimate friends in the office about this issue get some support and gather all the evidence .I dont know if you have already warned this person before or not if not just give a stern warning not to repeat his irritating behaviour.If he still does just complain to your authorities.I hope you will get out of this situation as early as possible.

4. shilpapriya

shilpapriya New IL'ite

Hi All
    Thanks for ur response,
    U people r right,
    Y should I tolerate him.
    Hence today i gave him a warning mail
    If he repeats this , I'll meet my PM and HR with all proofs I have gathered.
    Onething is sure, I'm not going to spare this idiot at any cost.
    I got to squeeze him

regards
    Shilpa Priya

5. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

you took this lightly tsktsktsktsk

You are in control of this situation and not him. He should be man enough to accept your rejection and not be a coward to threaten you like this.

If it prolongs, make sure your superiors are notified about his action, how its spoiling your work environment.

dont be scared at all!! be courageous and face him like a lioness :)

Nand

6. ashukrishna

ashukrishna Bronze IL'ite

dear friend...
    jus relax...
    one of my friend crossed the same situation
    u knw ... i strongly wish to say tht its not ur duty to have pity for him... as u have commitments... u need to concentrate them. so jus inform ur superiors... hr if possible..
    it never leaks out.. so u need nt worry abt things goin bad....
    this is the time where u need take action rather than jus thinking...

u know in my friends matter..
    tht guy use to mail her like tis... and confuse her.. thn vid other team members.. he use to say tht tis girl 'll obey all my wrds.. and make fun of her...
    u knw initialy v jus askd her to say , if he is tht much intrested thn prove in wrks, come to a better position vidout disturbing her... later v shal think abt tis issue..
    u knw it wrkd only for few months... again started vid some other reasongs...
    thn v jus cald him for a meeting along vid our heigher officials... thn had a big discussion... n finally he has been removed from the office...
    now everything is smooth...
    v even expected tht he may create problem outside the office... so with my uncle's help v threatened him tht v gave a complaint to police n thy r watching u...
    nw all r goin smooth n he also askd sorry
    so dnt waste time every min u waste u r making him to take advantage over u

take imm action
    cheers!!!:)
    frndly ashwadhi