1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

One Morning.......

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear V sir,

So nice to read your feedback. I appreciate you reading and responding. I am not at all surprised that you continue to go through spiritual retreat. I want to try sometime but I know I will not survive. My DH calls me such a 'citygal' - take me on country roads, I am eager to get to a highway. I love to find that little spot for me, inside of me in the chaos around me!

Of course that is the right approach. I usually do an exercise with my students periodically in my classroom. I set a timer of a minute or two, ask them to close their eyes and keep a count of thoughts that pass their mind. After the timer goes off, I ask them to open their eyes, teach some simple breathing exercises for two minutes and then ask them to close their again for the same period of time and count thoughts. At the end of this exercise, we compare the counts and students are always surprised to see what a difference breathing can make! I encourage them to continue to focus on breath through out the day. This has never failed me.

A forced power cut will have prepared you at least. We knew we would be with out power for a considerable amount of time - close to 12 hours and with the current situation of juggling working from home to driving to work, internet, compluters charged or not, if we have to use another place, which is safer....well I had to pause. There was no other choice!

Thank you as always for your valuable feedback.

2. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Sabitha you reaLLY ARE A POET OF NATURE. iN A WORLD WHERE NOISE RULES SILENCE IS A BLESSING. But too much silence can be maddening. And stillness is deceptive as can be silence when our mind is full of noise.

Srama likes this.
  3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Balajee,

Thank you for your words! They mean a lot :)
    Of colurse like I mentioned in my response to Kamla, too much of silence can do us harm. You are absolutely right about the inner silence - honestly it is only in those moments do I enjoy the quietness around for truth be told, there is plenty of it. But I find only occassionally!

It is always such a pleasure to hear from you. Thank you!