1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

One more curtain raiser! Oh my god!

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Mar 20, 2009.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Hema,
    You are most welcome. And thanks a lot for a) paying the price in advance, it does mean a lot to me and b) for your assurance to visit every week and post a fb.
    In fact I have been feeling the need for quite sometime. Some happenings here almost drove me to this series. Moreover my teacher is pretty anxious that these rare stories now known only to a few in the world should be made known to all in a language and idiom understood and appreciated by all.
    Most of the stories I am going to write here exist not in pure Tamil but in 12th century manipravalam, a mixture of Tamil and sanskrit. It is my teacher who is explaining it in modern day Tamil.
    Thanks once again, Hema.
    Looking forward to seeing you on 27th and thereafter every week on Friday.
    love,
    sridhar

2. varalotti

Thank you Amrita. Thanks a lot.
    sridhar

3. varalotti

Dear Jaya,
    God's presence is everywhere and all the time. But our heart has so little love that we are able to feel him only in some exceptional circumstances. The only prayer that is worthy of us and worthy of Him is to ask for so much of love that we are able to see God in evil, in hardships, in pain and in defeats and insults.
    Only then our evolution as a human being will be complete.
    Thanks a lot for sharing the incident in your life which has really enriched this thread.
    love,
    sridhar

4. kripa shankari

kripa shankari New IL'ite

hi sri

you know you donot have to ask
    it is always present.
    love has to be felt.
    do you not think if it is not selfless love that binds all ilites
    what else does?
    if a 50 plus mofussil accountant is receiving so many fbs incldng that of
    a good fatt penn who is also a 30 plus city thanikaiyalar it is only love.
    you are always there in our prayers.
    we will also pray that the journey you have started with your guru is enjoyable one.
    by the way all three of u looked too good in those pics.
    congrats on ur book release.
    appa friday deadlinekku munnadi fb anipchachu
    detailed fb later
    luv
    krips

5. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar Sir,

Waiting to read OMG...:eek:mg:
    Love,
    Vidyaa

6. varalotti

Most Gracious Ladies,

In a few seconds from now I will be uploading OMG Episode 1. Actually I was supposed to do that by 5 30. I had the material ready since Wednesday.

Then why the delay? Some news have been disturbing me for the past one week. I had to vent out somewhere.

That venting out has manifested as a three-part epilogue to OMG 1.

Please read that as well.

This M.A. hopes that every lady honours the date.
    love,
    sridhar

7. varalotti

hi krips,
    there is something about your fb that immediately melts my heart. I read this sentence again and again.

Matter which ought to have been conveyed in 3 pages is conveyed in a little more than two lines.
    You are right. Selfless love binds us to each other and binds us all to this great site.
    Well, krips, I am not that good a person as I seem to be here in IL. I am a cut-throat professional. But I have made IL an island of love for me. Writing for IL is its own reward. Many times I feel some kind of exhaustion when I write for magazines. But for IL I go out of the way to look for the right matter.
    Thanks for paying the price for this serial, for the kind words you have about my pictures and your good wishes.
    See you in OMG 1. And dear fat penn, do not wait till the Friday deadline.
    love
    sri

8. varalotti

Thanks a lot, Dear Vidyaa.

love,
    sridhar

9. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Varalotti,

:eek:mg:...I am so so late, that before I could post my wishes for your OMG series you have already given OMG 1. However, it is better late than never, isn't it?

I'm sure this series is going to be a great success among the IL'ites as always, like your previous works. I only anticipate to read feedback from all those ILites following your series saying "OMG - What a great series". I am already seeing it becoming true from the feedbacks you received for OMG1.

All the very best for your series writing. You have asked for a (simple yet) best price - prayers - which I think you will get in abundance from the IL'ites.

PS: My hearty congratulations on getting published your first novel in English: A Love Story. I am sure the book is going to be on great demand.

Regards,
    Malathy

10. varalotti

Dear Malathy,

You made my today with your sweet, august presence in this curtain raiser thread. I feel like a writer being honoured by the ruler of the nation.

You are right, Malathy. It's better late than never. I am so thrilled by your simple post wishing me for the success of the serial.

Thanks a ton for your kind wishes. You and the other ILites have been so kind to me all these years. At this time I would like to go on record with one statement of fact. IL has produced many writers. I came into IL as a writer. And IL and ILites made me a better writer. All good things in my writing career happened only after I entered IL.

I can be accused of any offence involving moral turpitude. But not of ingratitude. I have made IL my alter-home as one ILite put it and more than that the sole repository of all my writings on the net. I have declined invitations from other web sites to write for them.

When my times are over posterity will come to know of me and my writings only through IL.

I would like to share an incident with you and all the ILites. I think it was some two three years back. I posted one of the poems of Kavikko Abdul Rahman. (I should thank the one and only Chithra who gifted a copy of the book to me)
    The poem was on women. I translated the poem into English.
    And a few days back when I visited the official site of the great poet I saw his poem and beneath that - I could not believe my eyes - my translation. The poet has acknowledged. 'English Translation: by Varalotti of Indusladies.' That's a honour for me. And I was happy to be known as Varalotti of IL.

Thanks once again for your wishes. And thanks a lot for paying the price. And thanks once again for your kind wishes for the success of the book.

Thanks for providing a precious space for me to pour in my writings. My regards to Jey and wishes to Kavya.
    love,
    sridhar