1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

One makeup product you cannot live without?

Discussion in 'Cosmetics & Makeups' started by banuabida, Mar 28, 2009.

1. vidhu63

vidhu63 Gold IL'ite

Hi Divija,

Honestly i won't use any make-up things. I use chop stick during winter thats all. But believe me i am an Oriflame consultant. I use only treatment creams. But people who uses Oriflame INK LINER they say that is the best one as far as eye liner concern.

2. toolika

toolika Bronze IL'ite

Sure Dear.
    First my Name :
    Toolika means Painiting Brush :) (My father is a gr8 painter, so u got the clue)
    The shades I prefer using are Mauves and earth brown s.
    They suit my skin tone and almost go with every thing I wear.

3. banuabida

banuabida Bronze IL'ite

Hello Vidhu,

Nice to hear you! Where have you put up in Bangalore?

I am not sure of Oriflame liners, though. Please let me know the price of that product you mentioned above. I tried a few products and wanted to try more, but was not successful.

Would you like to share about any products in Oriflame, especially your interest other than treatment-products?

Keep posting.

4. banuabida

banuabida Bronze IL'ite

Dear Toolika,

My regards to your father, of course to your family also. Why not share some pictures, like you can use them as your profile pictures, right?

Anyway, thoughtful of your father and nice name.

Keep posting!

5. nithya0781

nithya0781 Senior IL'ite

dear divija...
    happy to know that you remember my daughter's name....she is doing good.. thankyou very much for your immediate response...i'm having few more doubts divi.....plz don't mistake me...coming to palette,it is a box containing various colors right?...and kajal is like an eyeliner or what?.....can you please tell me how lip gloss is different from lipstick?....lipgloss also having different colors like lipstick?....sorry for asking this type of stupid questions...really i don't know divija....yesterday i went to one mall and i was blinking...i don't know what to select...now i got some ideas because of you...my sister is a home maker only and i love her a lot....so i want to give her the best....can you please give me some idea about hair dryer divija?....is babyliss is good product?....eagerly waiting for your reply...
    regards,
    nithya.

6. banuabida

banuabida Bronze IL'ite

Dear Nithya,

Please, no formalities. Why so many thanks and apologies? I already told you there is nothing stupid when we are not sure. You dont have to blink anymore, Nithya. Please feel free to ask. Your sis is so lucky to have you.
    Just now, I was answering another sis's thread and said the same to her, also. Sorry, but is your sis married? You are from Erode, right?

Anyway, you are right. Palette is box-kind of thing with many shades available. Palettes are available for eye shadow, lipstick, blush, powder etc. What I say is rather than investing in single pot of colour, you can have many at your hand.

You know our regular kajal stuff, right? like Eyetex kajal? We normally use that only for our lower lashes, right? Eyeliner is something which you can apply for both the lower and upper lash lines. Got it?

I did not mention any eye liner in particular, I forgot. If you want, I will let you know. Gloss is totally different from stick. Gloss is liquid lip colour. Yes, you can have a wide range of colours in that.

Hair dryer is a no-no for me. You might experience a lot of hairfall with that. Otherwise, you have to invest in many other hair care products for lesser hairfall. Rather not purchase hair dryer, at least if you want my opinion. Towel dry is the best method.

Babyliss, if China-made, better dont go for that. They dont have a healthy life time/warranty. I dont prefer china-made products.

Waiting,
    D.

7. amallela

amallela New IL'ite

Can't live without my Eyeliner and MAC Lipstick

8. nithya0781

nithya0781 Senior IL'ite

dear divija,
    ok hereafterno thanks and sorries....yes, my sister is married and she is having a 9 year old son...she is in chennai....yes divi now i got it...i know the difference between kajal and eye liner....can you tell briefly about the mineral make up once again...it looks like a liquid or what?...how to buy that one?...i've to search in the normal racks or i've to ask help?...and now i decided to buy eyeliner,lipgloss(it will be written as lipgloss right?..),mineral make up stuff,eye shadows...and coming to hair dryers she is having sinus divi....so she is in need of dryer..one more thing can we use concealers and foundations daily or it is meant for functional use divi....i can call you as divi right?...and also don't forget to give eyeliner brand names....
    regards,
    nithya.

9. banuabida

banuabida Bronze IL'ite

Hello Amallela,

Thanq very much for letting us know your interest. Would be great if you let us know the shades, too.

Bye.

10. banuabida

banuabida Bronze IL'ite

Dear Nithya,

OMG! I thought she must be very young! Then, she must be your elder sister, right? By the way, what's her name?

Ok, mineral foundation is just like loose powder available in a pretty small pack that includes a brush. Straight away, you can go to the L'Oreal counter and find these. But, ask for help to pick the right shade. One more thing, try to find a brochure for this product. You can find them at mall/pharmacy. It might be more useful for your sister. If you did not find any, do let me know.

Concealers and foundations on a daily basis are must for working women. Your sis can use them occasionally, like family get-togethers, parties, weekend outings like that. There is nothing like she has to use them only occasionally, though. It's her opinion.

Yes, lipgloss can be picked out easily. Choose a very good shade of your choice. That's it. I am not sure of hair dryers, though. Try if you can find anything which is not China-made. Try not to use hair dryers on wet hair.

Hair tends to break easily when it is wet. So, towel dry for a while at least and then put dryer a little bit far from the hair. Hair will be ripped off its essential moisture with regular usage of dryers. Once a week is okay, I guess.

Nithya, I used only Lakme high-definition eyeliner in black. But, my sister uses Revlon eyeliner and I find it rather good.

Go to your nearest mall and try all the eyeliner stuff available. Take out the testers and try using them at the back of your palm. Which one seems to be easier to apply and which looks darker, go for that. Better take waterproof one. If Revlon does not have any, try Maybelline/L'Oreal. L'Oreal too has great eyeliners.

I think I did post about eyeliners previously, do find them. If you cannot, please do not hesitate to ask. Will let you know. If your sister is a beginner using eyeliner, go for felt tip liner (tip looks like sketch pen tip, not our regular brush kind). Do not forget, take waterproof one.

Of course, call me and that's actually how my friends & cousins call me, too. Do one thing and I hope you dont mind. Go to my thread "What's in your bag" and you can find different types/brands of lip glosses. That would be more easier, as I cannot post the same photo here due to space problems.

Hope this helps! Come up with more questions, in case you have any! Thanq for the request, though.

Ok, below is a picture and this is how your mineral makeup looks like.

D.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009