1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

One makeup product you cannot live without?

Discussion in 'Cosmetics & Makeups' started by banuabida, Mar 28, 2009.

1. priyas

priyas New IL'ite

Hi

I would go for lipsticks and eyeliner.I'm fond of lipsticks too.

-priyas

2. nithya0781

nithya0781 Senior IL'ite

dear divija....this is nithya here....we are going to india by middle of may...my sister is very fond of makeup items....can you please give some ideas in getting things for my sister....like mascara,lipstick,eye shadows. etc...because i'm very poor in selecting these things..my sister's skin type is a combination one and she is very fair....one more thing...don't laugh at me for asking this thing....actually the film stars face looks very shiny and glowing right?...that one is a oil makeup or what?...please clear me...
    regards,
    nithya.

3. banuabida

banuabida Bronze IL'ite

Hello Priya,

Thanq very much for your contribution.

Keep posting!

D.

4. sigmabeta

sigmabeta Bronze IL'ite

My 'will-die-without' are deo/perfume and lip gloss. My daily make up comprises a moisturizer, bindi, kajal and a lip gloss suitable to the dress I'm wearing.
    I'm not particular fond of 'lipsticks'.
    Nice thread banuabida! :thumbsup

5. bujji_1522

bujji_1522 Silver IL'ite

my must have make up kit - deo,bindi,chapstik,lip gloss,kajal :thumbsup

6. banuabida

banuabida Bronze IL'ite

Hello Syama,

Thanq very much! Yes, I hate lipsticks! Lip gloss is my mantra.

Keep posting.

7. banuabida

banuabida Bronze IL'ite

Hello Bujji,

Thanq very much! Would be glad if you let us know what are the brands and shades you use.

Keep posting.

8. banuabida

banuabida Bronze IL'ite

Dear Nithya,

Thanq very much for your confidence! Please do not hesitate! There is nothing to laugh about! Treat me as your friend and ask as many questions as possible. Howz your little princess, Ragavi, right?

I would rather be excited if I can be of some help in selecting cosmetics for your sister! By the way, whats your sister doing?

Nithya, do you have any specific budget for that or can you splurge on them just like that? I will suggest both economic and high-end stuff, anyway.

Invest on eye-lash curler for regular use. Just a normal one from your nearest Walmart or Walgreen. Curl eye lashes first and then apply your mascara. Curler helps open up your lashes to a greater extent.

High-end brands: Chanel Inimitable Waterproof Mascara in Noir (a real winner) and L'Oreal Volume Shocking Mascara in Blackest Black.

Economic brands: Maybelline Lash Stylist Waterproof mascara in Very Black and Bourjois Liner Effect Black mascara.

Better go for an eyeshadow palette rather than investing in a single pot. At least, this is what I do. You can select the shades accordingly in the stores. Maybelline/Revlon/L'Oreal should be good and do good, of course.

Kajal/Kohl can be from Maybelline or Revlon. If your sister already uses a particular brand and satisfied with that, let it remain the same.

My personal opinion, I hate liquid foundation. Mineral makeup is hot and try them in L'Oreal.

TUTORIAL: If your sister is just starting her lessons now, this will be her best. When we use mineral makeup, better be on a safer side rather.

Step 1: Invest in a good concealer to get redness, circles away from your eyes and to achieve smoothness. This is really a big factor that makes your makeup work. Try Instant Age Rewind Concealer from Maybelline. Take the product on your finger tip and spread around the corner of your eyes and work your way right up to lower lash line. You can use a brush, but its easier to maneuver your fingers rather. This is specifically an under-eye concealer, so better dont apply elsewhere on face though you can try.

Step 2: L'Oreal too has concealers in their Mineral makeup range. Try using that for a better coverage. Its rather easy to apply. Go around your eyes, nose and mouth. Especially great around nose to cover the capillaries and redness, in case you have them.

Step 3: Move on to the foundation. Give the container a little shake and unscrew the brush. You find a sifter (porous seperator) in between which helps the product come over the brush. Swirl the brush in the sifter and tap if you feel like you have got too much product on the brush. Start applying in circular motion all over your face. Start from one side of the face. This is so easy and it cant get much easier than this. The secret lies in picking up the right shade, thats it. It gives a great coverage. Blend properly around your jawline and eyes. If you really wish to go for the next two steps, alright then.

Stop and see if you need more! Satisfied, better stop or else, continue!

Step 4: L'Oreal has something called All Over mineral glow. Go over to the top of your cheeks, right down your nose and forehead. Dont have to go over-board, might end up shimmery-shimmery everywhere. Light for day and darker for nights.

Step 5: L'Oreal Finishing powder. Swirl the brush and go over your entire face. As simple as that and there you go... all set.

Nithya, by this time you should have known that I hate to use lipsticks (if you went through my reviews). I am a lip gloss freak. If you want to invest in lipsticks, I will suggest you some shades, but otherwise a bigggggggg no-no to lipsticks. Lip gloss is my magic wand.

If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate and come up with as many doubts as possible. Will try my level best to help you out. Remind me in case I forgot anything in particular!

Film stars and celebrities use different products and in case you want a particular look, let me know. Be it oily/nude/shimmery. We will try to break it down!

Hey, forgot the eyeliner stuff! will post definitely!

Hope this helps!
    D.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
    Archanaanchan likes this.
  9. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

abida ...
    wow wonderful tips which you have given to nithya... very nice post...
    the one product which i always carry is lipstick especially lakme & revlon lipstick & i'm craze for brown shades... thanks for sharing ...

10. banuabida

banuabida Bronze IL'ite

Dear Shvap,

Sorry, I dont know your name. Thanq very much.

Keep posting!

Divija.