1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

One makeup product you cannot live without?

Discussion in 'Cosmetics & Makeups' started by banuabida, Mar 28, 2009.

1. banuabida

banuabida Bronze IL'ite

Hello everybody,

Ever wonder why women like makeup so much? When you put on makeup and look into the mirror, you definitely see a different person. It seems that our brain too responds to makeup. After all, female brain, isn’t it? Our perception too differs with and without makeup. How many of us are confident without makeup, might be the only product we use accordingly.

It seems we have responded for centuries to makeup as it stimulates our touch, smell and sight. First, it stimulates the sense of sight because of the visual impact of the pretty colours we smear all over. Second, while too much fragrance is a turn off, a little bit of fresh scent can be a nice touch. Third, makeup can not only stimulate your hands and fingers, but also our body surface literally.

Research says that our senses trigger distinct psychological results. First, the need to camouflage, which is all about reducing anxiety, supporting our internal defence mechanism and helping with emotional stability. Second is seduction, which is about being more socially assertive and extroverted. So, all depends on our psychological profile.

Compare the way you feel on the day you apply your favourite foundation/blush to the day where you are just satisfied with your plain looks, mascara/gloss whatever. It is kind of stimulating ourselves. You feel glamorous when you are made up. It makes you smile. With the use of makeup, you can control your image for yourself.

I cannot say that I cannot live or I would go on a hunger strike without makeup, but still I love lip gloss and eye makeup a lot. Eyeliner, kohl, mascara and eye shadow would be sufficient for me. To be frank, I am not great in applying those. I apply those like anybody else would do rather than with a more professional touch. There are many ways of applying eye shadows for a particular look. Ex: Arabian look, Bollywood/Hollywood-inspired look, natural look and wing-eyed look. But, I apply the way I feel more comfortable and feasible.

Believe me, I stock lip gloss as if some bird would stock food grains for winter or autumn. I buy more, but use less. In fact, they satisfy my ego for some unknown reason. Sounds odd, eh? I use brands ranging from Lotus, Blistex, Maybelline, Revlon, Street wear to Sally Hansen, L’Oreal and Clinique.

If there is one product I cannot stay without rather than live without, that would be my deo/perfume.
    My mother always taught me “Live and let others live.” Not that I stink, but it is rather a precaution as I am a bit hyperactive person.

Yours friendly,

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009

2. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Its my Rimmel eyeliner and Chapstick

3. Senorita

Senorita Silver IL'ite

For me two is must, first my deo :) and off course lip balm!!

4. roopanair123

roopanair123 Gold IL'ite

hey great thread...........well my stuff -- my deo, compact and lipstick for sure...

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  5. banuabida

banuabida Bronze IL'ite

Hi Pinkrubies,

Thanq very much for letting me know your favourite product. Is that chapstick too from Rimmel?

Bye.

6. banuabida

banuabida Bronze IL'ite

Hi Senorita,

Thanq very much. I should say that without deo, I literally cant step out.

Bye.

7. banuabida

banuabida Bronze IL'ite

Hi Roopa,

Thanq very much. I will be really excited to know the brands of deo, compact and lipstick. Kindly do post them.

Bye.

8. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

i love your threads,

i love lipsticks i have the entire LAKME RANGE, REVLON, MAYBELLINE, BOURJOIS,COLORBAR AND INNOXA LIPSTICK.
    I caanot stay without my deo, my body cream, my perfume and my make up i love lipsticks i go crazy with lipsticks.

love
    alpa:cheers

9. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

my favourite deo is NIVEA, they are the best and if i don't get them i use FA

love
    alpa:cheers

Angel121 likes this.
  10. banuabida

banuabida Bronze IL'ite

Dear Alpa,

I feel bloated to have a friend like you. Thanq very much for the healthy motivation and admiration. Yes, I do remember your love for lipsticks. I know you are crazy about lipsticks like I am about glosses.

Thanq for your contribution, Alpa.

Keep posting.