1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

One kolam/rangoli per day..everyday :-D :: Will be more than happy if you join!!

Discussion in 'Rangoli / Kolam' started by swaran, May 8, 2012.

1. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

Hi Swaran,

Today I had put kolam but unable to upload from office. I'll upload it by end of the day or will upload the pics together in weekend. :)

2. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Dear jhansidevikanna..
    Thanks Bow
    I am extremely happy that you draw kolam that too using rice flour...i am not profound with that.. but will do it in future when i find time...
    hey dont worry if you are not an expert...its only the effort that matters,please take part regularly in this thread and keep sharing your works.. :)
    thanks a bunch :)

3. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Re: One kolam per day..everyday :)::Can you please join the team??!

outofthebox,first of all a big thanks for sharing your feedback and your practise:)

thats wonderful to know that you have started that practise of making kolam everyday please continue
    Dots/freehand,it doesnt matter...just keep trying...
    you know i never had the guts to draw even a small freehand kolam 2 years back and always stick with dotted kolams...it is only then i decided that this cant move like this,searched for small patterns and started to draw...
    only after getting a little grip(i can never say perfect) of the freehand ones,i made an attemtp on padi kolam...
    so just pick some small patterns of freehand and try it..and dont forget to show us too ;-)

thats tooo great to know...
    your kiddo has already started getting her interest...superb :)
    yes yes keep encouraging her

oh thats not at all a problem dear..if you have share it,if you dont,share it when you get the camera...for now,just post that you had made a kolam today(everyday)...that is more than enough :)
    oh yes sure,i wanted to mention that(information about rangoli) but forgot to add:bonk
    yes we do will keep sharing some information about rangolis too :)
    thanks a bunch my dear...the collections,wow fantastic...sure will keep in my album :) and try to make

oh yes,waiting to see...
    but please come to this thread everyday and make a post that you made a kolam at your doorstep..it would encourage a lot of people :)
    oh thanks a lot..i am glad you liked it and so happy to know that you went through all my kolams.. Bow
    I am thrilled :)

4. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bhuvisrini
    First of all thanks a lot for your likes and feedback..... :)
    its lovely to know that you have started to praactise this wonderful art right from your tender age..thats really nice and moreover you have not just stopped with that,you can continuing it and do have fans for your work..thats super cool :thumbsup
    i know how lovely it would be to think of such lovely memories...you will be missing it right ?
    its lovely to know about your sister kamakshi and the wonderful skills she possess...truely great :)
    keep sharing your work here too and make a post everyday :)
    Dear Sabari...
    Thanks a lot for making a start :thumbsup Bow
    lovely to know :)
    do share when you find time and keep posting :)

5. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

thanks for your likes latharam

1 person likes this.
  6. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ladies,

I drew a freehand rangoli/kolam(small one) today...i loved the kolam floor today,you know why?
    because it had rained so badly yesterday and today the floor was wonderfully washed by the rain..it looked so pleasant and the floor remained wet even when left for office..so the rangoli/kolam looked bright today ;-)

will share the photo once i upload ;-)

7. plakshmi

plakshmi Gold IL'ite

dear swaran

nice thread. i am also crazy about rangolis and kolams. i will get kolam powder from mangalore and use it for nearly one year. usually i get kolam powder from mangalore only. daily i used to draw hanumar kreedam and kubera kolam. then if time permits i draw hrudaya kolam. i will upload all the kolams in a day or two.

oh that reminds me! it is mandatory to put kolam near thulasi also. in the pooja room i used to draw kamalam, sanghu, chakram, Krishna s padh, swasthik, a small thulsi madam. sun and moon.

lakshmi

8. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Dear pLakshmi,

thanks for being part of this thread :)
    its great to know the efforts you take to draw kolams,i mean you get the powder from mangalore and use it..that is so nice
    waiting to see your kolams :)

we dont have a tulasi madam at home but i have seen my paati drawing a small kolam with rice flour near the tulasi madam daily...
    maybe our ladies can help you get answer for this question :)

9. kadalpura

kadalpura Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    I was late to wake up today and my mom drew the kolam. It was a 6dot line kolam. unfortunately I am unable to upload it form office. Don't think can do it even from home, as my 8 month old daughter will cling on to me as soon as I enter the house. Will try and upload it in the week end.
    @swaran: If I am unable to take picture of the kolam(If I forget to take one, he he) , can I send the picture of the same kolam that is drawn in my note book to show that this was the kolam that was drawn on that day?

10. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kadalpura,(i always like your username :))
    its so nice of you to post...keep doing it daily :)
    i can understand how the house would be with a naughty toddler around..
    oh please,there is no problem at all...you can show your note as well :)
    it is not a must to share the pics,i just wanted all to post kolams for these reasons
    (1)All of us could share our patterns so that we can help mutually and hence could collect more pattern by this way...
    (2)This is a kolam thread,so without a kolam,it wont be good;-)

thanks for the support :)