1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

One Good Thing about your MIL

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by puni88, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Sumaticg

Sumaticg Senior IL'ite

Hi friends

It is great to hear from you all. I am married for 4 years. My hubby is the only son.
    We all live together in Zambia. My inlaws were here more than 10years. As it is an African country, life is a bit idffiuclt. But god wish i am living with her. She only taught me cooking from ABC and now all home management. She was by my side in my 2 miscarriages and also my Dr visits. Whenever i see a lady with a big tummy i start crying thinking of it and my MIL will passify me and always tell me that we will have a wonderful kid soon and all my prayers will be answered. I am waiting for a kid .

She is a very caring,loving and a good anlayist abt situations and a good financier.
    She gives good tips on saving and of course she is a good groomer.The list continues as i write. will post soon one of our 2 potos.

Her

2. Simnetism

Simnetism New IL'ite

Guys great thread!
    I am getting married this june, and I am terrified at the thought of living with my future MIL.
    ALL OF my friends are saying to stay away from that and not to have any IL with me. We won't be living in a joint family because everyone lives in their houses once they got to the United States.
    I'm afraid that my MIL would influence my future husband and take sides if we have an argument.
    Also, I think that I will not be able to cook around the house and be myself.
    Help???
    He comes from a traditional family in punjab and I was brought up in the US?
    Please calm my pre-marital IL and MIL fears.
    Thanks,
    Simran

3. radhavenkatesh

radhavenkatesh Silver IL'ite

Dear simran,
    Cool cool now this is may and u have just june around this one month u shd dream of ur wedding life and bliss and stop worrying about ur mil and other things
    take g ud care of ur health sleep well drink lots of water and feed urslf gud vegetables and fruits to make u look great on the great day
    stop worrying abt mil
    see all mils are not alike and who knws ur mil wud be real cool isnt it
    so just chill
    i knw its a transition period in every girls life and all sorts of agonies start thinking of future life one thing is u should face everything with a gud heart and i personally beleive trust the god and he wil take care of u
    in the initial days of marriage only everyone wil be eager about u try to be careful sweet and patient all the rest would be taken care of
    best wishes

4. Simnetism

Simnetism New IL'ite

RV,
    Thank you soooooo very much!
    I will do just that... drink lots of water and eat well to look healthy on my day!
    Thank you for calming my fears, I will leave it up to God to help me with everything.
    I am going to have to reming myself of patients and sweet attitude!!
    Thanks again.
    Simran :wave

5. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Well Guys, I think I love my ILs if not more , same as my parents..Thats one attributes my mom had passed to me and my sis..
    She always taught us,, to forgive parents.. She was like..parents undergo so much.. If they become lil selfish in old age.. Dils shud forgive them..
    well I entered into marriage with all these beliefs.. But to my good luck.. I got a FIl who is as loving and caring as my father.. MIL is quite loving too..
    Best thing I like about her. she doesn't take sides for the heck of it.. SHe will listen everything.. and then be logical and sensible.
    I love her cooking..
    and i guess I make good chatting pal to my ILs.. They seemed to love talking to me.. than their own son.
    They keep saying. they came to know ther son more.. after i came in his life..
    SO i wish I was lucky on that front..
    :2thumbsup:

6. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends
    My mother in law is all symbol of determination .She underwent couple of surgeries and still has the never say die attitude.we are 3 sis in laws and she still treats us equally.She is very fond of all the grandchildren.She stays with all the 3 of us and the best thing I like about her is shecan adapt herself to any place.She is a voracious reader and is very fond of cricket,good music.She got married at the age of 17 and she never knew anyhthing.But she learnt a lot thru experience and I must give her the credit that I really learnt a lot of cooking and so many things from her.She took care of my children when I was away.Birthdays and anniversaries bought us small gifts from her.When there was an argument she would always support us rather than support her sons.I must say she is a mother to me.
    yours kanaka raghavan

1 person likes this.
  7. roopika

roopika New IL'ite

Hi ,

I am really very happy to say about my Mil(mother) , at the time very sad because 6 months back god took her away from us. when my husband was in abroad, she took care of me like a daughter or more than that. I really dont have words to say about her. Me and our family are missing her so much.....

bye....

8. ayeshanaaz

ayeshanaaz Junior IL'ite

Hi IL's,

One Good Thing about my MIL

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............................................

welllllllll..............................................................

let me think.................................................

......................................................................................

forget it I am not going to find any.

Bye
    Ayesha

9. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

:cry: i am not going to have a daughter in law to say nice things about me....sunkan

10. So Sure

So Sure Senior IL'ite

hi ILites,
    My MIL made my husband the man he is today. She is the one who gave him life, taught him to walk, distinguish good from bad, spent sleepless nights when he was sick, helped him read and write, stood by him until he could take off by himself. She built the strong foundation called character, for me to build my palace of marital bliss. I'm a very lucky woman, touch wood! :-D
    In fact, not only my MIL, I'll pay this compliment to all MILs... !
    regards,
    Sharada

1 person likes this.