Once in a year can I change my thali kayiru(yellow thread)

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by Cindhuja, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Dear Chitra mam,

Thanks a lot for the information, will sure make a note of the yogam.

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

That is the reason we look up to, Mrs. Chith..:hiya

3. lakshmy

lakshmy Senior IL'ite

When can Mangalya Thread be changed?

The Mangalya thread can be changed when these became dirty or damaged. The days for these are Monday, tuesday and thrusday during morning,before meals.Sitting before deity and facing east, they can be change. Not to be changed duing Rahukalam and yamakanda kalam and at evening and night times.

Pins, keys and raksha or any other materials not to be attached or tied to mangalya thread

4. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Re: When can Mangalya Thread be changed?

Dear lakshmy,

Sorry for the late response. Thanks a lot for the details. As you said even i dont encourage attaching pins, keys etc though i dont have any spiritual reason behind t i still dont want to make it a closet for such things. Thanks again.

5. GAI3JEBA

GAI3JEBA New IL'ite

Hi ,

Their are some gold sulal models chains where you can insert the yellow rope inside and wear it.

better consult your mother-in-law and try that one.

Gayathri.:thumbsup

6. Dhayni

Dhayni New IL'ite

Hi,

I am wearing Thali in gold chain with a gold connector. Now I am planning to change the connector to manjal kayiru. Is there any specific knot I should follow to tie the manjal kayiru to the gold chain? Please help me.

Thanks.

rainbowresh likes this.
  7. sathean

sathean New IL'ite

Hi,
    plz let me know why u r doing the change from gold chain connector to thread. I have been contemplating the last few months from changing to gold or silver connector from yellow thread. I thought it will be easy with chain and gold/silver connector instead of chain with thread connector.
    thx

8. banujaga

banujaga Gold IL'ite

HI,

Thanks for this info. I used to always wonder how to change it and when, etc.

I have also seen that they keep a Kamakshi lamp in front and change it. Does this signify anything?

Also, I always love to wear a thick yellow thread but the mangalam and other things do not get into the thread :(

Any my mangalam is very sharp and hurts me sometimes. My hubby keeps telling me that we will give it to the acharya and fine tune it which I do not like as I am very sentiment to thali and things like that. What to do?

Banu

9. Leena1992

Leena1992 New IL'ite

Hi I am leana from India mainpur I am married to South India guy last year I have a baby of 5 months. My question is that . I am still wearing manja thali but its old now how should apply mangal agin please help me . My husband wants me to wear only yellow threat only his not agreeing for gold chains nowadays my baby lick my thali threat. The colour is gone fully. And it's very long to. Any one please tell how long it should be and how to apply mangal for if

10. Leena1992

Leena1992 New IL'ite

Hi I am leana from India mainpur I am married to South India guy last year I have a baby of 5 months. My question is that . I am still wearing manja thali but its old now how should apply mangal agin please help me . My husband wants me to wear only yellow threat only his not agreeing for gold chains nowadays mybaby lick my thali threat. The colour is gone fully. And it's very long to. Any one please tell how long it should be and how to apply mangal for if