1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

On The Lighter Side: "bring Mil To Work" Day

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by vidhya1984, May 3, 2016.

1. vidhya1984

vidhya1984 Bronze IL'ite

I just read this article on Bloomberg and burst out laughing. Spreading the joy.

Excerpt from the article below
    -----------
    Mothers-in-law can pressure women to stay home to look after husbands and family. So the health care unit of General Electric Co. in India, which makes medical and diagnostic equipment, started a program to allow them to come to the office to see what their engineer daughters-in-law do all day.

“The effect was quite dramatic,” GE’s Chief Commercial Officer for South Asia Ipsita Dasgupta told a conference in New Delhi last year. “We saw women coming back and saying ‘Now my mother-in-law is actually yelling at my husband, saying, “You put dinner on the table. She has something important to do tomorrow morning!”’"
    ------------

What do my fellow ILites think? Will this work in real life???

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:... I can picture my MIL going "she sits at a desk all day and writes e-mails... :icon_pc:

2. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Any effort which is towards making understanding everybody (including us, today's women), "what and how much a woman does, at work (or home) using all physical, mental, emotional energies" should be appreciated. slowly mindsets should change, it takes several years/decades..., little change is also good.

Truth is, she understands what dil does at home, is she appreciating? no. same applies to work side, no praise or appreciation happens, if mil is of such type already. But in mind they will know what dil is doing whole day , that is good.

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  3. dasikajl

dasikajl Gold IL'ite

:thumbup:

Justanotherwife likes this.
  4. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

I dont think this will work in India. If MILs are given a chance to see what DILs are doing in office,they will go see their sons in their offices and come home only to brag about how much work son did and that he deserves rest:BangHead:

Gae3, gorgeous23, Anusuya and 11 others like this.
  5. vidhya1984

vidhya1984 Bronze IL'ite

oh no.. idhu modhalukkey mosam....[tamil phrase for we will be worse off than current situation..]... :fearscream:..

6. dasikajl

dasikajl Gold IL'ite

DAUGHTER IN LAW
    "Created by God, hand chosen by my son to be loved cherished and valued as a member of our family..."

These were the lines written for my friend by her mother in law as a gift on her marriage anniversary(completed 10 years).

Hope in laws who are mean think like this...
    Just thought of sharing... I am very happy for my friend.

7. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

I'm sure MILs will enjoy the additional ammunition! They can add this accusation to their arsenal: "DIL goes to work so she can spend whole day with other men. Completely charitraheen (characterless)!" :rolleyes: :facepalm: :p :lol:

8. dasikajl

dasikajl Gold IL'ite

And I have seen few in laws like that too.............:shakehead::BangHead:

Last edited: May 4, 2016
    sindmani and Amica like this.
  9. Cool10

Cool10 Silver IL'ite

My ILs think I go to work to "chit chat sitting in AC drinking tea and doing timepass" - this when I hold a high pressure IT job.. work in the same project as their son. but son gets sooo tired in office while DIL gets her salary free from company for doing timepass :BangHead:

Even if MIL came to work with us she would have seen only AC :(

10. dasikajl

dasikajl Gold IL'ite

Agreed....:thumbup:

sindmani likes this.