1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

On Sheila and Munni….

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Mindian, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Sheila and Munni….Not for me!!!!

“Music is my refuge.
    I could crawl into the space between the notes
    and curl my back to loneliness…”

So said someone of importance, and it totally applies to me. But I have no particular genre when it comes to music. From Bhavayami Raghuramam to Vaseegara, classical Rasik balma to the raunchy Bheedi jhalaile… jigar se piya, timeless hit Boney M's Rasputin to Black Eyed Peas' Boom Boom Pow, I enjoy most of them unless the music is deafening and completely lacking in rhythm. I realized that I concentrate more on the music than the lyrics(of course we have both here… real meaningful soul stirring ones that I can get immersed in and completely inane ones that I will never ever sing aloud) And like most Mumbaiites I am addicted to Bollywood Film music and often find myself humming them.

It is sad that being here I do not get to hear the latest hits as much as I would wish for and in fact remember asking Kamalji in one of his posts about "Sheila ki jawani." Is there really a song like that?” Well, last week my masthi friend decided to educate me by sending a YouTube link to a chipmunk's version of the same which whetted my appetite to hear the original. I must admit that the chirpy chipmunks were a real competition to Katrina but I got stuck with that song for the next four days. The music was catchy and different, if you ask me.

Now I really do not know whether somewhere along the way I did go "No no no no no Minnnndi….… Mindi ki jawaaaaani"(I must have, because there is no one at home and none of the neighbours can hear me) but wonder of wonders, I did see signs of my jawaani again. Before you let your imagination run wild let me assure you that it is nothing that I would ever wish for BUTTTTT two fat pimples on my left profile that have not shrunk even after a week. Now I swear even in my adolescent phase never have I been troubled with zits, so I concluded that HE above did hear me and took me seriously enough to give me a second taste of jawaani and NO…I do not like it.

But if you thought that I had learnt a lesson you are wrong. I HAD to find out more about Munni, Sheila’s competitor and what she had to say. So, I googled further and downloaded that too. Needless to say, since this was the latest for my ears, I started humming that the next few days. Now this is a real disease with me. Sigh! Today, I would have greeted my hubby with a "Mindi badnaam hui" after his week long trip but just in time had the weirdest thought that too much of singing the second line could cause me trouble. Oh yesss, for it goes "Main zandu baaalm hui.... darrrrling ….tere liye."(I find this line most hilarious and the fact that the manufacturers of this balm sued the lyricist for taking their products name absolutely laughable)

It is okay for Malaika to go zandu balm for Salman Khan but poor me! As it is I have neck and shoulder pains (too much of sitting at the PC) and knowing my luck it would only be aggravated, and the only cure would be zandu balm. LOL.So how could I ever be zandu balm? I chuckled to myself and decided that all these numbers were only for the Sheila’s and Munni’s of the world. I better stick to Bhaja Govindham and tere bina jiya laage na. What say?

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Munni, sorry i mean Mindi,

this one was hilarious.HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

so i keep u updated on the latest tht is happening here eh ! Well thanks to the newspapers i too get to hear and read all this.:rotflMy 3 ruppess vasool of the newspapers.

if u tr and dance like these babes, i can assure u , u will hafe to apply zandu balm all over yr body.Once i tried the step of Hritik Rosahn of his first movie, and i sprained my back, u know.Since then i dont try any stunts, ask me yaar.

Good one, hilarious, lovely.HAHA

Regards

kamal

3. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Mindy, the reinarnation of sizzling sheila and masti munni !

I need to sheepishly admit that ever since I received the link , I have been listening to the song endlessly and it plays continuously on my laptop.I also went and googled ( great minds quest alike :cheers) the rival in munni and though I found it lil uneasy to comprehend and hail as a great song, the more you hear the more you feel at ease and yield to it and even reason it as innocuous jingle advert of zandu balm with a bhanng !

Hilarious post !
    :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Bravo ! You infact went ahead and tried to sway as these nymphs do.I was just happy listening to it while crunching emails, munching peanuts lest I break a bone or two and need to sing 'Na Koi Umang Hai

That was an awesome post :)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Hello Munni..nah...Sheila...errr...is it Mindi??

Kya baat hain! I bet you would give both Munni and Sheila a complex, zit or no zit!

Mindi, all that you expressed about music applies to me too. In my case, it is time I murmured ONLY Bhavayami...but reality is I am very 'with it' (!!) and Munni had already taken back seat as Sheila appeared. Now I am eagerly looking forward to what next! Let me remind you, MSS is my queen and goddess, yet this other part of me dances off with the munnis of the world. Blame it on the electronic world we live in and also a certain inner child that wants to live on, no matter what.

As for the erupting zits, I am embarrassed even to mention them here. Is that the case with all those who still carry a bit of their youth in them in spite of adding years?

Anyways, you rock girl, zandu balm will take care of the aches and pains..kya..."zor ka jhatka hai zoron se laga, haan laga"??!! ( now google that!).

L, Kamla

5. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Munni urf Sheila,

excellent piece. i have not had such a rollicking time in the evening since such a long time - reading all these hilarious pieces by kamalji and you. :rotfl :thankyou2: so much.

6. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Humey Mindi ka yeh naya avatar bahut hi achha laga...hahah!
    So "moha kuru" sprouting..........patidev ko jhatka tho nahi laga na?
    Mujhe chipmunk version bahut achha laga and there was somebody competing to be the one with chashma...now how can that be???
    I never bothered checking the original on you tube until I read your thread. This sure will be in my head for a few days now. Jee nahi I don't want zandu balm. Ek baar Michael Jackson banney ki koshish kee thi and that was a lesson jo zindagi bhar nahi bholoongi.

Mindi jawaan hui apne darrrling keliye. Shayad he will start singing back to you...Main zandu balm banaa, munni/mindi tere liye! It is good to let out the Sheila in us once in a while don't you think?

7. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Mindi, I hope Bhaja Govindam doesn't make yoou singh Bhaja Mindim, Bhaja Mindim, moodamathe!

8. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

9. annupamaa

annupamaa New IL'ite

great one munni oops mindi:) i seriously think these two songs suck big time... have no soul... but munni is definitely much better since malaika has emoted well unlike katrina who looks like a log!

10. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi kamalji,

I always feel nice when i make you laugh and i have told you that before.:)

The whole of last week I went on a song downloading spree .... and when i heard these songs just couldn't help this blog :biglaugh:biglaugh though I know it is old news in India and may not be of interest to those who have not heard the songs.

but munni was better than sheila :rotfl

of course you are my main source of the current news in india so keep it up hahahah