on reading saicharitham

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by lmani, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sister,

Glad that you completed Sapthah Parayan of Sai Satcharitra, especially commencing on Janmashtami, Baba just requires devotion and faith, so it doesnt matter when you visit the temple, with faith if you feel he is at your pooja mandhir, he will give your darshan there too.

So plan to go either today or tomorrow ( thursday) May baba fulfill your wish and bless you in abundance. Om sairam

2. SimpleGirl

SimpleGirl Gold IL'ite

thank you Sai Sakthi... I did not expect you to be online at this time, since its late night in India right now...

It really feels like Baba is replying my question here.. I am so happy.. i wanted someone to reply soon so that I dont do any mistake by not going to temple today...

I would also like to share a few experiences I had during Sapthah Parayan :
    1. As I already mentioned, I started my parayan on Gokulasthami..
    Actually I was reading some posts in IL regarding Gokulasthami and just happened to browse through one of the threads discussing about Sai SatCharitra parayan.. Since, it was thursday, I decided to start it on that day itself.
    It was 6 by the time I reached home, I had my bath, did cooking and cleaning kitchen, and then started my puja. I first did Krishna puja and then started reading Sai Sat Charitra parayan... I had decided to read 7 chapters on the first day.. By the time I read first 3, it was already 9.30, I was worried because my husband was waiting for dinner.. then I read this chapter where Baba said that you should leave all worries aside and read parayan with full attention... I felt like Baba is telling me to forget all other things and concentrate. :)

2. We've been married for around 3 years now, and started TTC earlier this year..but havent got the good news yet. My MIL keeps asking me about it every time I talk to her.. this time she went ahead and asked if I had any fertility problems.. I was heart broken to hear that.. felt really bad. was crying a lot and thinking what did I do wrong.. what mistake why is god punishing me like this..
    When I read parayan next day, there was this chapter where Baba talks about Karma.. he says God never punishes any one.. we just have to reap the fruits of our past deed... Once this is done, we will be blessed with happiness

3. My mom keeps asking me to read vishnu sahasra namam daily, but I never get time to do that.. On sunday, i felt i should start doing that, and to my suprise I read a chapter on that same day where Baba gifts Vishnu Sahasranamam book to Shama and asks him to read it daily...
    I felt Baba is asking me to do the same. .

After all these experiences, my faith in Baba has increased 100 times.. Thanks you Sai Baba and IL !!!!!!!!!!

1 person likes this.
  3. Saisakthi

Dear Sister,

Glad Baba pulls you into his fold and you experience the same with the understanding, After Sai Satcharitra Parayan Hope Baba gave you a good darshan.

True, you faith in Baba made me respond to you if in the late hours in India, It is all his leelas, Baba makes you feel his presence, Many dont realise, I am thankful to Baba that he gives you the experience.

Regarding Vishnu Sahasarnamam, which your Mom and Dad(Baba) repeated request you to do parayan, my thoughts make me say that you can play the audio while you are at home may before going to office and in the evening while you are back home and listen to it, even If you dont find time to read it, It gives you good vibes at home too.

May Baba guide you always and bless you too.

4. SimpleGirl

SimpleGirl Gold IL'ite

Dear SaiSakthi,
    Yes I did have a good darshan yesterday. I am planning to go to Sai Baba temple today, hope to be there on time to attend Aarti.

Thats a nice idea, I did start playing the audio since yesterday... I generally play it in the morning while I am cooking and in the evening.. I try to read it along with the audio so that I get the prounanciation correct.

My husband doesnt do any puja at home, he only prays on some festival or birthday or our mrg day... I always get angry at him because of this... But to my suprise, When I asked him to read the Telugu Parayan, he agreed to read a page every day.. though it might take a long time to complete it if we read one page a day... I am glad he atleast showed some interest in it. I plan to start this from next thursday, as I am expecting my periods to start this weekend.

SAI RAM... Sarvajana Sukhino Bhavantu

5. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear SimpleGirl,

I am happy that you had a great darshan. Very interesting posts. If we sincelerly believe in Him, He is visible everywhere. Baba will grant anything if ardently asked for. If you hear the Leelas (stories) of Sai daily, you will always see Him. Day and night you will remember Him in your mind. When you assimilate Sai in this way, your mind will lose its ficklenses, and if you go on in this manner, it will finally be merged in Pure Consciousness.

Reading Shri Sai Satcharita in any language makes one holy and spiritual. It is the thought we have in us while reading, not the contents, book or language. No one has told Sai Satcharita should be read only in a particular language.

Baba said,"If a man utters My name with love, I shall fulfill all his wishes, increase his devotion. And if he sings earnestly My life and My deeds, him I shall beset in front and back and on all sides.

May Baba fulfill all your wishes.

Om Sai Ram.

6. Saisakthi

Dear Sister,

Baba knows when to pull his child into his fold, Dont worry Reading a page a day is as good as it can go deep in his mind, Once he starts he will automatically get bonded to it, You have made the start and leave the rest to Baba he will take care.

Best Wishes, May Baba bless you and fulfill your wishes soon.

7. SimpleGirl

SimpleGirl Gold IL'ite

Sai Ram sisters...
    I just wanted to inform you all that Baba gave me the best gift in life... The gift of motherhood....
    I got the good news finally. Just got it confirmed by my Doctor, my pregnancy test result is positive....

Om Sai Ram

2 people like this.
  8. pattumom

pattumom Junior IL'ite

Is there an online english version of the Saicharithram book? Pls share...thanks

9. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

Dear Simplegirl, That was amazing !! He is omni present and His leela is always brilliant !!

First of all, congratulating for your pregnancy !! All the best, may Baba protects your baby right from the beginning and will have a safe delivery, enjoy your motherhood dear !! :)

I had experienced his leela personally during my delivery, since then i had an unshakeable trust on him. As you said i felt that when i had any confusion running on my mind, He clears me in the next / or same chapter which i am reading. Last week i finished reading SaisathCharithram and i felt so peaceful. He showed me a clear conclusion on the next day itself for my problem and i am clear now. I am on my 5th week of Vrata pooja which i am doing, and had a faith over Him. He is always with us when we think of Him.

Dear Saiskathi and suryakala sisters, Your words are always healing for the devotees. Thanks a lot for your prayers. Jai Sai Ram !!

10. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite