1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

On H4 Now Education Qualification For H1

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by Manvishah, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Manvishah

Manvishah New IL'ite

hi,
    My name is neha. I am staying in US on h4 from past 6yrs. My problem is cannot do h1 visa because I did not go to college married after intermediate I did not continue my education after marriage. Now I cannot do H1 my husband is on h1 he told me that one of his friend wife doing some job on h4 but he tells me I should not earn money on h4. But how is his friend wife working?
    Second question to improve my situation what can I do? I have no money to go college in us only husband money. All my family and friends telling me to go college because I am married at very early age they say I am wasting my time with no kids I have time to go college but my husbands says no money.i cannot drive also I don't have car. I am wasting my time watching tv or doing nothing playing games on phone or mostly social media
    Or calling my family friends in India and gossiping Every one s asking me why not making h1 visa.
    Please tell me what to do

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

You will need to get a college degree to get a good job in the US, especially if you need a work visa. There are some special circumstances where H4 people can get a work permit, look up the immigration websites.
    Community college is not as expensive as a 4-year college. You can start there and transfer later. Check out what is available in your area and apply. Choose your major wisely if you want to work. Even if you spend money on your education if you get a well-paying job you can make it up quickly. And since you have free time, learn driving either from your husband or by taking lessons.

sindmani likes this.
  3. aspha

aspha Gold IL'ite

Has your husband filed for GC? If yes, have you received ur labor certificate, if yes you (h4 holder) is eligible for work permit i.e. EAD. Yiu will need to apply for EAD once approved you can start working. Also, you need to think what type of job you can do? Would you like to work in any store or would you like to do a desk job.

Also, you need to learn driving if you wish to work. Don't know in which city you are located, does it have good public transport?

Also think over suggestions given by @MalStrom .

sindmani likes this.