1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

On Cheeniya's Legs -- The Long and the Short of the Matter

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ojaantrik, Jan 25, 2013.

1. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear OJ da,
    mmmm....
    All this silly bird brained girl could do was read, re-read and feast upon the animation......:spin:spin:bowdown:)

3 people like this.
  2. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Dear arch,

If this is what has happened to you, then I couldn't have asked for more. The whole idea was to get the family together and laugh our hearts out. Frankly, it is Cheeniya who taught me to consider IL a family and I do enjoy being part of it. Normally, I lead a pretty lonely life, but when I come here, I begin to feel the warmth of a family relationship.

Love.

oj-da

1 person likes this.
  3. ojaantrik

Dear Syamala,

I doubt that Cheeniya and I shall take it to the stage of a serial writing on leg pulling. However, I admit that I have pulled Cheeniya's leg in the past too and he has always responded with his characteristic quiet humour. Over time, we have understood each other more and more I think, but he is the more mature between the two of us. Sometimes, I feel we are brothers, not just friends.

Love.

oj-da

2 people like this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

OJ da dear enjoyed the post and you feel both you and Cheeniya Sir are brothers, I am loving sister of both.

Relation & medicine play the same role in our life
    Both care 4 us in pain
    Only difference is that relationship doesn’t have an
    expiry date & no side effects…..

2 people like this.
  5. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Kaku and Cheeniya Sir..
    you are both such great writers and this thread has only brought our the best in both of you... all thanks to Satchi's innocent post on how she is being so indecisive these days!!!..
    enjoyed this post thoroughly and the best part is I read all the jewels (posts) which were the reason for this famous "leg Pulling"session.. Now I hope and pray that we witness further more of these leg pulling posts that Oj Kaku claims Cheeniya Sir has accused him of!!!...
    YOU BOTH ROCK!!!!( you see I'm a unbiased fan of both your writings)
    Kerman
    P.S. Kaku.. Oh I forgot to mention those animations were adorable.. hope your unborn grandchild enjoys them oneday!!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
    3 people like this.
  6. ojaantrik

Dear Satchi,

Look at it this way. Had you not come up with that lovely snippet, I probably wouldn't have written up whatever I thought about your work. In the process, I involved Cheeniya, who, whether he would admit it or not, has been a source of great inspiration for all of us. And then, Cheeniya, in his usual unassuming style, denied having had anything to do with the progress of this website. My praise of him he looked upon as leg pulling, so unbelievable is his humility!! After reading his humble note, I decided that he needs a thorough beating, or a real leg pulling. So, I went ahead and did all I could to pull his leg no holds barred this time. It took me several revisions to come up with what you see posted and, if I am not wrong, Cheeniya has noticed at least a few of the revisions as they were being made. For example, I changed "size of his shoes" to "circumference of his tummy". I did this because in the very next sentence I have used the word "outsize" and I am averse to repeated words, unless the repetition is deliberate and serves a stylistic purpose. But this is only one example. I really did spend almost 24 hours, revising and revising, just a sign of my mediocrity. I know that Cheeniya will understand my attitude in this matter. Anyway, more than the fun, I think this was a great opportunity for this magnificent family to get together and share some happiness. And no one will love Cheeniya any less for all this. They will love you too. But for you, none of this would have happened. I think I was at best a catalyst.

Yes, do rush off where you want to. That's the correct action to take.

Love.

oj-da

P.S. Oh my God! I had no idea where you were rushing off too. I thought you were on your way to Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings to read more of his fascinating posts. But then I discovered where you went. Makes me feel embarrassed. I had said
    How terribly stupid of me to have said this!!!

2 people like this.
  7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Absolutely delicious!! :thumbsup

L, Kamla

2 people like this.
  8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear dear Oj-da,

After reading this response of your's to Satchi, I let a long sigh of relief!!:)
    There was too much complacency in your posts recently. I didn't know if all that was good. What is an Ojaantrik post if not accompanied by his innocent lamentations, at times naive and at times questioning!! What had happened to my dada in the interval of his absence?

This above reply has now set all the cards straight. No need to worry. All is well in the world and the world of Ojaantrik! :rotfl

What a comeback Oj-da, I like your present avtaar a lot, no not the pictorial here. He still seems to be in distress!! :roll:

Yes, I reiterate Cheeniyasir's words regarding the images you have inserted here. No matter at all if one 'grand' replaces another? Both grands are just as adorable and your pics talk what we want them to talk!! :) :thumbsup

L, Kamla

3 people like this.
  9. ojaantrik

Dear Mega,

Sitting back and laughing together was the general idea. One lesson I have learnt from Cheeniya, Kamla and others is that IL is a family -- a closely knit family -- and even if most of us are only cyber linked, the family ties are strong. Very strong. So, we can enjoy ourselves, laughing together, engage in good natured banters bearing no malice against anybody at all.

Love.

oj-da

1 person likes this.
  10. ojaantrik

Dear shymala,

As I told Megalife just now, to sit back and laugh at each other meaning no malice was the general idea.

Love.

oj-da

1 person likes this.